PDA

View Full Version : In agony - Sciatica Pain, any tips?

little.miss.worry
20-12-16, 17:36
Last night i got a niggling pain in my lower back which ran down to my leg. Thought nothing of it but it slowly got worse. Now all my lower back hurts, I can't walk properly without it hurting. I've been told before i've got Sciatica because i had groin pain and pelvic pain.

It's never been this bad. I don't know what to do because i've never suffered with back pain this bad.I'm kinda worried it'll stop me from walking or something I know it sounds daft but i'm fretting about it. I've taken pain killers but nothing is taking the pain away.

I don't know whether to go to the doctors, see if they could recommend anything of give me a higher dose of painkillers?

Also, is there any tips anyone can give on easing it? I just want the pain to go. It's awful and getting me down because I can't get comfy. I've been walking all day in hopes it'd ease it but it's honestly got worse and I just wanted to sit down the whole time :(

Many thanks in advance.

Fishmanpa
20-12-16, 18:08
I have it to and have for years. The bottom line is you ride it out, rest is better than pushing it, take pain relief if needed until whatever caused it to become inflamed resolves. Then, when your able to, the best remedy for sciatica is strengthening the muscles in the area of the injury. Most any lower back exercise will do that.

Positive thoughts

little.miss.worry
20-12-16, 20:46
I have it to and have for years. The bottom line is you ride it out, rest is better than pushing it, take pain relief if needed until whatever caused it to become inflamed resolves. Then, when your able to, the best remedy for sciatica is strengthening the muscles in the area of the injury. Most any lower back exercise will do that.

Positive thoughts

Thank you for your reply!

I guess I'll just have to try and ride it out, I'll keep taking painkillers, I've also got a hot wheat bag on my back in hopes that'll help also :)

I'll have a go of some lower back exercises also

Thank you!

BikerMatt
20-12-16, 22:07
Feel for you as I'm suffering with bad back problems at the moment. Heat is good but try alternating it with cold. Cold will help with any inflammation.

little.miss.worry
21-12-16, 00:32
Feel for you as I'm suffering with bad back problems at the moment. Heat is good but try alternating it with cold. Cold will help with any inflammation.

It really is horrible!

Thank you for the tip! I hope you get better too! :)

saf138
22-12-16, 19:01
I agree with Fishman you will have to just ride it out and its also very important to keep moving as much as possible.

Buster70
22-12-16, 20:40
Hi , I've got worn discs in my back and I use ibuprofen gel as for heat and cold , if it's inflamed heat makes the swelling worse a cold pack takes it down but just go with what makes it hurt less , I've also got a suport belt with magnets in believe it or not they work 30 mins of wearing it and it feels like you have deep heat on your skin warms up , don't know how they work , believe me I tried everything last winter I couldn't go to bed for two months , oh and walking in the cold makes you stiffen up but you have to keep moving so wrap up , hope it gets better real soon , take care .