PDA

View Full Version : Heavy metal poisoning test kits

Pamplemousse
20-12-16, 20:01
Has anybody ever used one of these? At the moment I am fighting a losing battle with a fear that I have cadmium poisoning, so I ordered a home test kit for it.

I'm now terrified what will happen in the time I'm waiting for it; I've already lost a day in bed (even took to drinking alcohol, which I never do) as it seems to be a better place than sitting up and worrying about things. In fact, once I've written this, that's probably where I'm heading. Better than trying to distract myself with writing Christmas cards as I know my mind will wander.

I'm even more terrified if the test comes back positive.

I'm just at a complete loss what to do, or how to cope :weep:

Phuzella
20-12-16, 20:17
How would you geto cadmium poisoning

Pamplemousse
20-12-16, 20:25
In my case, it was cleaning old grease from a cadmium-plated metal part with fine wire wool and white spirit. I'm worried I abraded and inhaled enough of the plating off to cause what I'm feeling now.

Fishmanpa
20-12-16, 20:39
In my case, it was cleaning old grease from a cadmium-plated metal part with fine wire wool and white spirit. I'm worried I abraded and inhaled enough of the plating off to cause what I'm feeling now.

Ummmm.. no way ;) Really... no way at all. Hope you didn't spend much on that kit!

Positive thoughts

Pamplemousse
20-12-16, 20:51
It was twenty pounds.

I have considered that I may have just fallen prey to a second viral infection straight off the back of another, but...

Fishmanpa
20-12-16, 21:05
BTW... Every time I see your screen name it reminds me of a musical duo called Pamplamoose (http://www.pomplamoose.com/) :)

One of my favs... Very original and different.

Positive thoughts

Pamplemousse
20-12-16, 21:14
It was a pet name my late wife used to call me when we first met; it usually got shortened to 'mousse'. I miss her an awful lot this time of year.

Fishmanpa
20-12-16, 21:45
Dang... so sorry for your loss. Best wishes for a peaceful holiday season.

Positive thoughts

Pamplemousse
20-12-16, 22:08
Thanks, FMP. This'll be the seventh Christmas without her. It gets no easier; in fact, I swear as each year passes it gets worse. I couldn't even face putting up the Christmas tree this year - I'm on my own, so I see little point despite the fact I know she'd be calling me every name under the sun for not doing so. Each year I say 'it'll be different this year', but no.