PDA

View Full Version : Been having leg pain for over a month, scared of blood clots ):

Alpha
20-12-16, 23:39
Okay so a little Over a month ago, I woke up in the Middle of the night with my left leg hurting. It took me a long time to fall asleep again but I didn't gave it more importance and kept going on with my life. However, a few days later my body started haching in other locations and soon I discovered I developed tonsillitis. Took the antibiotics and tested, a little Over a week later I was fine. However, the leg pain continued (i thought it was only muscle pain from the fever). But it only got worse, and started hurting when I'm standing too (first it only hurted when I was in bed). I couldn't take it anymore so I googled: and it showed up blood clot 😥 of course since then I couldn't stop thinking about it. The pain got worse, so I went to the ER. They did nothing, touched my legs and said I was walking fine, so they couldn't test me for anything if I didn't show other symptoms ( I fonte have redness or swelling, but I read some people show no symptoms).

I was getting very worried because I had booked a trip to London in a few days and I was getting afraid to go because of this. I went anyway, and had to walk a lot, so the pain only got worse... Recently, it started hurting when I breathe, I had of gas so it probably was trapped Windows but what if it isn't and it's another sign :( i can't think straight. The pain isn't very bad most of the time but sometimes it gets worse. It's in all my leg - sometimes in the calf, other times I the upper leg, it varies a lot. My Mother won't take me to the doctor because she thinks its only sciatica (I have a herniated disk) but I cant think it's just that!! It's been hurting for far too long and I cant even pratice my hobbies because of the pain... Also I started on bed for more than a week when I had tonsillitis and I read that that could cause blood clots too... I can't stop worrying about this and no one will listen, please help :(

Stecakes
21-12-16, 00:39
if you have herniated disc, this is extremely Likely causing your leg pain.
it's very very common for people with herniated disc to suffer with lumbar radiculopathy.
so yeah your mum is bang on the money. as for your other pain, by your own
admission you had gas. it's logical to assume this was indeed trapped wind .
hope this helps

swajj
21-12-16, 02:18
I once feared I had a blood clot in my leg. The doctor said if Ai had a bloody d clot the pain would be excruciating and I wouldn't be able to put my foot down and put weight on it. You don't have a blood clot.

ElleNicole
26-12-16, 18:02
I have been having pain in my right leg for almost 2 months now. It radiates from my butt to my feet. However, it randomly hurts in different spots at random times. Sometimes its my knee or my shin or my thigh but most of the time its the back of my leg from butt to foot. My foot is tingly sometimes too. I have convinced myself I have leg cancer, its terrible. Doctor told me I have really tight hamstring and its causing leg pain. I work as an STNA so I'm wondering if I am having sciatica problems or lower back issues, radiating down my leg. Sometimes its my groin area too, where thigh meets trunk hurting. IDK I'm a hot mess. I'm 22 year old female. Thank you!