PDA

View Full Version : Weird Question

Stressedalways
21-12-16, 08:15
Hello everyone, I normally post in anxiety zone but it seems to be down. Anyway I have a weird question that may be a little TMI. I apologize in advance.

My dr. Upped my celexa dosage to 40 mg. Which has been working great for me. Well yesterday I had a bad stomach bug all day and night. It was horrible just a sip of sprite sent me running to the toilet lol. I took my meds during this time as scheduled.

Well today I am completely over it but my anxiety is through the roof. Is it possible with the severe diarrhea that my meds weren't able to get in my system properly and that is the cause for my spike in anxiety?

roseanxiety
27-12-16, 00:21
Yes, that is certainly possible. How are you feeling now? I am from Anxiety Zone too. The site has closed permanently. Sad. There are a lot of refugees over here though and we are being welcomed. This is a very supportive site.

MyNameIsTerry
27-12-16, 00:32
No, they don't work like that. These meds pass into the bloodstream and cross the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB). They are made to linger and be distributed slowly and eliminated slowly.

I've seen plenty about certain things that impact of slower or quicker elimination of various antidepressants, including this one, and I've never seen this mentioned as a factor.

roseanxiety
27-12-16, 01:32
I overlooked the fact that you said you increased your dosage. I believe that can cause a temporary increase in anxiety.

MyNameIsTerry
27-12-16, 04:19
I overlooked the fact that you said you increased your dosage. I believe that can cause a temporary increase in anxiety.

Yes, definitely. Any increase can be like starting a med for some of us. The higher the dose can bring us closer to a point where we can't tolerate certain ones and need to adjust back down too. Always an individual thing and hard to judge.