PDA

View Full Version : I can beat this anxiety!

duke27
21-12-16, 11:33
I have a 9 month old baby and I'm determined to beat this anxiety! It has lingered since I was 14/15 and I'm now 22 and I'm ready to be happy! I have awful symptoms which make life extremely hard (you've probably seen some of my posts) dizziness, weakness, twitching etc. I just wanted some advice on how you coped when you have a scary and worrying symptom and how to tell yourself it's just anxiety and not get into a full blown panic about them and go back to square one? As I find this is what happens with me. It doesn't help that I've also got social anxiety and relationship problems but I'm seeing a councellor and been prescribed sertraline which I hope to start in the new year. Any advice welcome? ☺I am far from feeling ok but I want to do this for my son, for his future and I want to be able to enjoy life.

swajj
21-12-16, 11:48
Well your first positive thought should be about how young you are. Your chance of developing a serious disease is very low. You are receiving counselling and that's a huge step in the right direction. But beating HA is very hard work even with counselling. Whenever I find myself worrying about something health related I remind myself of all the other times I believed I had something serious and how I was always wrong. Then I think "what are the chances that this time it is real?". I have basically overcome my HA though so you may not be in the same place as me. Just remind yourself that anxiety can cause a multitude of symptoms. And if you get to a point where you think that a particular symptom can't possibly be anxiety rest assured it can. I cannot even begin to list the types of symptoms I have had with anxiety. It can affect every part of your body.