PDA

View Full Version : Fishmanpa gave me a head's up

Sixpack
21-12-16, 13:01
Hi folks.

Fish told me about this forum. He messaged me on a social network :winks: I knew him from AZ. I quit going there about 6 months ago I suppose. I felt there wasn't much else to say and I am pretty far along in recovery... Anyway he suggested I have a look here. So I did. I am not sure how I often I will pop in but I thought I'd drop in intro myself.

I am OLD :winks: . I am happily married for 25 years! I have 6 kids--5 girls and 1 boy. My eldest is severly disabled. She is 29. So there are always reasons form me to be freaking out there. My other kidlings range from 22 (nearly) to 13. I work for an agency that supports adults with severe disablilties. But today I have off.... Hubs and I MUST finish Christmas shopping.

So howdy :yesyes:

almamatters
21-12-16, 13:03
:welcome: to the site and the forum Six-pack :)

venusbluejeans
21-12-16, 13:07
Hiya Sixpack and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Phuzella
21-12-16, 13:09
Hi I'm old as well :D

Fishmanpa
21-12-16, 13:14
Sixpack! :D Glad to see ya!

As always...

Positive thoughts

swgrl09
21-12-16, 13:27
Welcome!! It's been nice seeing so many newcomers!

emmegee
22-12-16, 00:10
Sixpack! so glad you are here! I just read your "How does anxiety do this. A sixpack ramble". I found it on AZ a while back and printed it out. I read it when going through a HA episode. (Which I am going through now). This forum will greatly benefit from your insight!

:)

Sixpack
23-12-16, 03:59
Thank you all for the kind greetings.

Emmegee-- I am glad my ramblings have been helpful :D

itoldyouiwasill
23-12-16, 09:19
Hey Six

Was quite intrigued as to what led to the demise of AZ but just read you left a while back so you are probably in the dark. I popped in there very occasionally, probably twice a year or so to see who was still on there...same here really as it's nice to see some recovery stories amongst the other stuff.

Glad to see you are alive and kicking...sure you will point and prod many in the right direction on here as well. :)

brucealmighty
23-12-16, 10:45
Welsh AND an auto signature from the jam. kindred spirits! glad I spotted this.

lily1
23-12-16, 12:51
Hi Sixpack!

I remember you from AZ you gave me some great advice...
My HA surrounds Breast C and you gave me great advice not to worry about mammograms as you've also had many I know.

The red spot I had on my breast disappeared it wasn't IBC!
Welcome to the forum!

Sixpack
23-12-16, 13:58
Hey Six

Was quite intrigued as to what led to the demise of AZ but just read you left a while back so you are probably in the dark. I popped in there very occasionally, probably twice a year or so to see who was still on there...same here really as it's nice to see some recovery stories amongst the other stuff.

Glad to see you are alive and kicking...sure you will point and prod many in the right direction on here as well. :)

I am friends with one of the mods from AZ on Facebook. I have been meaning to message her and ask but I've been running around here like a chicken with my head cut off lately. Life doesn't much slow done does it?

I hope all is well with you guys. How old is your boy now?.... And I am assuming this my friend, Pan??

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

Hi Sixpack!

I remember you from AZ you gave me some great advice...
My HA surrounds Breast C and you gave me great advice not to worry about mammograms as you've also had many I know.

The red spot I had on my breast disappeared it wasn't IBC!
Welcome to the forum!

I am glad it wasn't IBC... However I never thought it was :winks:

itoldyouiwasill
23-12-16, 14:38
I am friends with one of the mods from AZ on Facebook. I have been meaning to message her and ask but I've been running around here like a chicken with my head cut off lately. Life doesn't much slow done does it?

I hope all is well with you guys. How old is your boy now?.... And I am assuming this my friend, Pan??

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

I am glad it wasn't IBC... However I never thought it was :winks:

Yeah, pan it is. I always have had this username on here but never really posted on here as much as AZ back in the day.

Yep, all good here really...Noah will be 7 in January. Time flies eh.

emmegee
23-12-16, 14:46
Thank you all for the kind greetings.

Emmegee-- I am glad my ramblings have been helpful :D

Did you happen to save any of your extremely helpful "ramblings"? They would make great "stickies" here on NMP. There are quite a few of us with the ALS/neuro HA fear around here lately. :)

AndiRoux
23-12-16, 16:33
I'm also from AZ, all I have to say is thank goodness I found this place or I would be freaking out ...LOL!!!

Sixpack
24-12-16, 12:21
Did you happen to save any of your extremely helpful "ramblings"? They would make great "stickies" here on NMP. There are quite a few of us with the ALS/neuro HA fear around here lately. :)

Sorry, no I don't have access to any of them.

Fishmanpa
24-12-16, 14:55
There an interesting site where you may be able to find them. During the time my wife has been ill, her website on GoDaddy was de-activated and eventually deleted. We contacted GoDaddy and re-instated her website URL but the original was gone including content, images etc. We were told about the "Wayback Machine" (https://archive.org/web/).

It's a site where screenshots have been saved from websites past and present. If you type in AZ's URL, you'll probably find several dates where things were saved. Perhaps, with a little luck, some of those posts may be there.

Positive thoughts

SighNoMore
24-12-16, 14:58
I landed here after seeing AZ was no more. So glad to see you SixPack! I always appreciated your advice and your heart.

Sixpack
24-12-16, 17:21
I landed here after seeing AZ was no more. So glad to see you SixPack! I always appreciated your advice and your heart.

Thank you

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

That is good to know Fish :D

Itsmeagain
29-02-20, 03:01
Sixpack!! I miss you from A-Z (10-12 years ago). You were amazing and helped me so much. Wish you were back!!

AntsyVee
29-02-20, 03:25
:welcome: