PDA

View Full Version : I'm a hot mess right now!

Mochi
21-12-16, 17:09
I am spiraling downward right now and can't seem to catch a break from the anxiety. I have been having stomach issues for some time now and have been working with a gastroenterologist to check up on my pancreas due to my cancer fears. Then, this past Friday I found a lump next to my right breast (been writing about that in female issues section) and went off the deep end again; immediate freak out! I have an ultrasound appointment this afternoon to check that out. Well, now I have a new symptom! Last night as I was putting my daughter to bed, my left shoulder started hurting. It feels like a pinched nerve when I breath in; even shallow breaths. I was able to dismiss the fear on this one last night, telling myself I must have just tweaked something. BUT, I woke up this morning with the pain still there and am now worrying about this too!

The thing about this that has me all twisted up is that usually when I go from one terrible disease to another, the focus shifts and I no longer feel the last pain as I have moved on.... this is not happening this time. The lump is still there, my stomach pain has not changed and now my shoulder hurts! Aaaahhh!!

I am feeling a little out of control.

Daughter just woke up and we are about to play monopoly ... hopefully she can distract me.

M

zippy
21-12-16, 17:19
Just so you know you aren't alone, i feel the exact same only i am obsessing it's my lungs. Usually when i go from one to the other the pain shifts but it isn't for me neither.

Kuatir
21-12-16, 17:25
Anxiety affects the musculoskeletal and nervous system. All the tension from anxiety gave me what felt like/probably was a pinched nerve in my neck that made the pinky and ring fingers on both my hands completely numb. It took a lot of mindfulness and the like to sort that one out!

Stecakes
21-12-16, 17:33
I agree with kuatir
anxiety can have a massive effect on muscles and nerves

Mochi
21-12-16, 21:50
Thanks guys. I am doing everything I can to relax right now. Distraction, deep breathing, positive thoughts... I have this appointment at 3 and can't get the flipping shakes to go away... what a great Christmas break I am having eh?

I feel ridiculous!

M

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

Getting ready to leave in a little bit. Please think good thoughts for me!

swajj
22-12-16, 06:26
Please let us know how you go.

Mochi
22-12-16, 06:40
I had the ultrasound today. The doctor came in after the tech was done and told me that it is 100% benign. It is a lymph node! He said that it isn't even that big and that the reason I am feeling it is because I am thin and it is close to the surface of my skin. He said it would probably take 3+ months to go away! That I am not too excited about, but I am going to take the wait and see approach. So today, right now, I am feeling much better. I am going to try to enjoy the next few days leading up to Christmas...

Thank you for checking in...

swajj
22-12-16, 07:13
It is 100 percent benign. Doctors don't say they are 100 percent sure about anything unless they are. You are healthy, put it out of your head and enjoy Xmas. ��

Stecakes
22-12-16, 10:23
glad to here everything's fine .
I have benign reactive node in my neck from years ago, that never went
down. (completely normal)
100% guarantees from doctors are rare. and you can
be sure you're all good when you get one .
:)