PDA

View Full Version : Continuous headache

Timmy444
21-12-16, 17:42
I've had tension headache for 4 months most of time it's like a pressure over nose and between eyes . All I do is worry about . All tests ok . Doc said some people have it for life . Anyone any ideas ! Is it anxiety

Fishmanpa
21-12-16, 17:47
I've had tension headache for 4 months most of time it's like a pressure over nose and between eyes . All I do is worry about . All tests ok . Doc said some people have it for life . Anyone any ideas ! Is it anxiety

Yep. I've been under a ridiculous amount of stress Since August and I feel like crap 95% of the time including headaches, body aches, fatigue etc...

Positive thoughts

Timmy444
21-12-16, 17:50
Like a constant headache , pressure . Does it ever go away ?

darkside4k
21-12-16, 18:05
I had a headache for about 3 months due to anxiety. Finally went away when I totally stopped caring and moved on. It basically lasted all day, even felt dizzy sometimes, etc. Had a CT and was checked out by doctors, etc.

Timmy444
21-12-16, 18:10
So you had it all day every day too ? How did you stop thinking about it

Scooter86
21-12-16, 18:20
I think I'm at that point now too, constant pressure feeling Moving around my head, dizziness and some tingling too. Doctors did blood work and I'm seeing a physio. They all don't know why I'm this way though my doctor says it's probably my anxiety. It's amazing what kind of symptoms your anxiety can throw at you. So now I'm just trying to not care anymore. I've stopped caring about symptoms in the past and it worked so hopefully the same again with this.

KaalynJohnson
21-12-16, 18:23
I had a headache from mid-April to mid-July this past year. Was likely due to anxiety.

Timmy444
21-12-16, 18:39
Was it continuous too all day every day

KaalynJohnson
21-12-16, 18:50
Was it continuous too all day every day

Pretty much.

I maybe had some very brief respites when I first woke up in the morning, but I had that headache every single day for over three and a half months. It went away as I find ways to deal with stress.

Timmy444
21-12-16, 18:51
Did it just come on suddenly too ? How do you deal with stress and stopping yourself worry about it

lozzie02
21-12-16, 18:59
Me too! Mine is all day everyday just depends on the intensity of it, sometimes mild to sometimes bad where I feel like the pressure in my head is going to explode! Mine is i. The back of my head behind and around my ears and is worse after eating, the dizziness with it also worry me but I keep telling myself how obvious is the headache, dizzyness, hand tremors etc when I am busy and not thinking about them....
the answer is minimum and the min I start thinking about them and analysing them they come back really bad and then I think of shit I am dying! But in my head I know it's the anxiety (well I keep trying to tell myself that)

This is a relapse for me so so far not in a good place but I remember before I kept having to tell myself to ignore it, that's it's nothing and that even if it is what can I do about it! Lots of paracetamol and keeping busy especially during those down times like the evening. Find a good book and get lost in it! Books are better than tv as tv you can still google!!

I however need to take my own advise as like I said newly relapsed so finding it rough to tell myself these things also!!

KaalynJohnson
21-12-16, 19:01
Did it just come on suddenly too ? How do you deal with stress and stopping yourself worry about it

Don't quite recall how it came about, but when it arrived, it was there to stay.

I'd had headaches and migraines before, but never more than once or twice a month at most. After a week, when it didn't go away, I went to the doctor. They did some tests, sent me to an optometrist, etc. When nothing came up they told me it was anxiety and told me to try Tylenol and meditation.

I stopped worrying about it when worrying about it got old, tbh. Doctors saw no reason for concern and I figured after a few months, it would be getting worse or I'd have other symptoms if it was something really bad. Cancers and aneurysms and all that scary stuff don't linger in place when they get to the point where you're in pain: It advances.

I went for lots of walks, listened to music, keyed in on some hobbies, used a hot-bag and Tylenol. It eventually just went away. Headaches are a classic anxiety symptom - maybe THE classic anxiety symptom. Managing stress and pain is the best we can do.

If it gets worse or you develop other symptoms, just keep your doctor informed.

unsure_about_this
21-12-16, 19:02
what is your diet like, do you drink enough water?

If you had aserious problem you would know.

Timmy444
21-12-16, 21:33
Paracetamol doesn't work at all do others find that . I'm obsessing they are a headache that won't go away like NDPH don't google that ! Every waking minute I worry about them

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Are these continuous headaches typical with anxiety

Timmy444
22-12-16, 09:35
Anyone else suffer with continuous headache , is it common

emnemz
22-12-16, 12:47
I have continuous pressure, dizziness, blurry eyes, wet sensation on head and neck ache. Always there just different levels of intensity x

Stecakes
22-12-16, 13:03
I get continuous headaches when I train too hard
or I'm dehydrated. they can last for days

Colicab85
22-12-16, 13:08
I've had a headache and brain fog everyday for 8/9 months.

It's only just going away as i start to relax about it.

Timmy444
22-12-16, 13:19
Hi was yours all day everyday too. How did it start to go away ? I read horror stories of headaches that last a lifetime , did you go through that obsessional stage . Did they start suddenly

Colicab85
22-12-16, 16:00
Hi was yours all day everyday too. How did it start to go away ? I read horror stories of headaches that last a lifetime , did you go through that obsessional stage . Did they start suddenly

Yeah it alters in severity. Some days it doesn't hurt as such, just feels foggy.
Came out of nowhere suddenly.

It's been getting a lot better since I've stopped obsessing about it and other health concerns.

Timmy444
22-12-16, 16:36
Did you ever look into New Persistant Daily Headache. I'm worried it's this which seems to stay for life or is this just my health anxiety

Colicab85
22-12-16, 20:07
I did but it's now obvious that now my headaches are going away it was always down to my anxiety.

Librella
22-12-16, 20:24
One of my main anxiety symptoms is constant headache. I've always been prone to headache but the "chronic" symptoms (more than 15 days a month) started about 6 years ago. It comes and goes, sometimes I go weeks with a nonstop headache and then it goes away suddenly. I thought I had a brain tumor for a while but the doctor said that was ridiculous. Tension headache is my only diagnosis. Getting enough sleep, drinking water, aromatherapy sometimes help. Be careful not to take too many painkillers, it can cause a "rebound headache." I don't want to scare you by saying how long my headaches have been around, because I have also gotten better at managing it and it's not as bad as when it first started.

Timmy444
22-12-16, 21:00
Thanks Colica so did you go through the whole I've got a new daily persistant headache that your stuck with too and non stop googling ? When did you realise it was just anxiety ?

Colicab85
22-12-16, 21:47
Thanks Colica so did you go through the whole I've got a new daily persistant headache that your stuck with too and non stop googling ? When did you realise it was just anxiety ?

Of course however my concern has always been related to tumours and aneurysms. Clear MRIs and 2 neurologists saying I'm ok have helped me calm my worries.

Timmy444
22-12-16, 22:53
My concern has been about this NDPH but neuro said I don't have it just anxiety but I'm struggling to accept it

Timmy444
24-12-16, 10:47
Hi Colica did you find painkillers do nothing to help