PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys been a long time but back again

gregcool
21-12-16, 18:59
Some may remember me some may not..was on hear for a few years then things started to improve so i come away from the forum and got on with my life..well a few things have changed for me.my issue with my daughter is all sorted and i have her every weekend.i have her xmas eve xmas day boxing day.then a few days over new years eve.so i should be happy.money is ok my home is lovely.part time job..but over the last 5 minths my mental health has been getting worse again..my two main issues are deep depression and this constant dp and dr that i have had for just to long..iv been diagnozed with burning toung syndrome a year ago so iv got this constant burning on my toung all bloody day and night..iv droped my trazadone from 200ml to 140ml and havnt felt any better in any way for it..im so pissed off because xmas in a few days and i feel NO JOY at all.although i have my daughter over xmas for the first time in 4 years and boy have i had to fight to get her in my life..i ferl crap when she is hear and have to put on a front to make her feel happy even though im ferling really unhappy when i have her.i have had my mental health for 15 years now and cant ever see it going..for the time i wasnt in hear i was managing my life but by no meens recovered.just getting through my days.but last 5 months iv been droping again..any advice.thankyou

Jo1970
22-12-16, 11:41
Hi Greg, yes I remember you. I am back here too! It's crap isn't it? But we have got out of this before and we will again.

Lissa101
22-12-16, 16:44
I'm another returner! I remember you Greg and sorry to hear you're going through a bad patch again. I've found I'm getting better at dealing with relapses, although xmas and NY are always pretty rubbish for me. You're certainly not alone.

BikerMatt
22-12-16, 23:40
Hi Greg, Funnily enough I was only wondering about you the other day. Sorry to read your having a bad time. Hope you feel better soon mate!

gregcool
23-12-16, 03:33
Hi guys.thanks for the replies...well.i hope this does pass me by soon or calm down a bit...i have every reason to not be feeling crap,so cant understand why i do feel so bad..iv got a brand new motorbike whichbi love a lovely flat my daughter in my life a little job.yet my days ate filled with no joy

BikerMatt
23-12-16, 03:37
Hi guys.thanks for the replies...well.i hope this does pass me by soon or calm down a bit...i have every reason to not be feeling crap,so cant understand why i do feel so bad..iv got a brand new motorbike whichbi love a lovely flat my daughter in my life a little job.yet my days ate filled with no joy

Nice one Greg :yesyes: what did you get?
I changed mine in August.

randomforeigner
23-12-16, 05:40
The best Christmases when I was little wasn't necessarily about getting loads of presents or doing lots of stuff. Maybe you can create a bit of Christmas spirit (artificially, but still), for your daughter, just by hanging up a few glittering, what's it called in English, festoons? Play some Christmas music on your computer, there are stations streaming live now. Play a board game, or a card game, or a computer game, or all of them. Perhaps make a paper Christmas tree like this http://www.makeandtakes.com/weekend-make-and-takes-advents Rent a Christmas-oriented film online and watch it. Buy ready-made Christmas-oriented food in the supermarket, lots of nuts and chocolate, and pick whatever was your own personal favourite when you grew up, doesn't necessarily have to be 'traditional'. Then you can watch that hideous video with Mr Bean and the Christmas turkey and be glad you don't have to cook one yourself. Perhaps you won't feel that warm, exciting, happy Christmas feeling that one (perhaps) can recall from one's childhood, but tomorrow and the day after is perhaps more about making the week-end endurable for your daughter (and yourself) than getting that true Christmas Spirit which so seldom appears when one is grown-up, it's more about stress and paying mandatory visits to this and that other person or relative. Here's another good one, I can really see myself doing one of those trees when I was perhaps seven, or nine, years old. http://www.ikatbag.com/2009/11/paper-christmas-tree-advent-calendar.html

Write down a shopping list of last-minute purchases you have to make today, maybe that board game, those papers needed for making the Christmas Tree, some ready-made food and soft drinks... and deciding on what site to use when streaming a film live...

gregcool
23-12-16, 08:39
Hi matt..i used to have gsxr 600 k7..but my lattest bike is the yamaha mt 07 2016 got it in late august in red and black....700cc brand new..beautiful bike and done a few upgrades break levers clutch levers rad gaurd.but the best upgrade was the exhaust...went for the leo vince underbody exhaust full system...what a sound it makes,its like sweet music...and the bike has tons of grunt through all the gears..gets to 130 in seconds lol..like a rocket..what about u mate what u got now.

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

Thanks for that advice radom..i have a few board games as it goes and have all my xmas food and her presants.im cooking a full roast on the day.have my tree up and decs in my front room but just do not feel like christmas just not in the mood which is realy getting me down.im going to try my very best to get involved when my girl is hear .thanks...what about u ? Whats your plans

Magic
23-12-16, 09:43
Hi greg, glad to see you back. hope you go on okay with Christmas. Having your daughter with you is great. You will be fine I am sure. Sorry for the short message, getting ready to go to Shropshire to my daughters for the festive season. All the best x

gregcool
23-12-16, 12:09
Hi magic..thankyou and best wishes to u.x

BikerMatt
23-12-16, 20:52
[QUOTE=gregcool;1626603]Hi matt..i used to have gsxr 600 k7..but my lattest bike is the yamaha mt 07 2016 got it in late august in red and black....700cc brand new..beautiful bike and done a few upgrades break levers clutch levers rad gaurd.but the best upgrade was the exhaust...went for the leo vince underbody exhaust full system...what a sound it makes,its like sweet music...and the bike has tons of grunt through all the gears..gets to 130 in seconds lol..like a rocket..what about u mate what u got now.

Nice one Greg great bike. Putting your own stamp on it with the upgrades is satisfying.
I bought a Honda CB1300 loads of grunt and super comfortable.
Being 6ft 6 and starting to spread out in the belly made the fireblade to uncomfortable so my sports bike days are over.
I hate this time of year not being able to get out as much.

gregcool
24-12-16, 07:24
Hi mate nice bike mate.thats a big one mate..i bet that goes like shot off a shovel..i know what u meen not getting out..mine all cleaned up and battery in doors waiting for the dry weather warm.days..i have done 2600 miles from new and just cant wait for the good weather to arive..lazzy summer days just hitting the road with no time scale to get back home..have a nice xmas mate..

BikerMatt
24-12-16, 22:16
Hi mate nice bike mate.thats a big one mate..i bet that goes like shot off a shovel..i know what u meen not getting out..mine all cleaned up and battery in doors waiting for the dry weather warm.days..i have done 2600 miles from new and just cant wait for the good weather to arive..lazzy summer days just hitting the road with no time scale to get back home..have a nice xmas mate..

Yeah pretty rapid Greg. Not as fast as the Fireblade though that thing was just totally mental!
Do you ride on your own Greg or with a group?
I seem to remember you live in the Reading area? I'm in East Sussex so would be happy to meet half way for a coffee and ride one day if you fancy?

gregcool
26-12-16, 18:58
Hi mate...i ride in groups meetings etc..ace cafe fri nights in good weather.my daughter also loves coming out on the back..im not in reading mate im in hemel hempstead near watford,but happily meet up mate when the weather gets warmer..for sure...your bike sounds nice mate...take care on her...keep in touch mate as soon as the weather changes ill be out on my baby and could meet up somewhere for the afternoon.be realy nice to finaly meet a face that iv been in contact with on NMP..look forward to that mate.what town do u actualy live in west sussex

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:57 ----------

I often go down to brighton mate so could meet up down there one day.

BikerMatt
26-12-16, 21:45
Hi mate...i ride in groups meetings etc..ace cafe fri nights in good weather.my daughter also loves coming out on the back..im not in reading mate im in hemel hempstead near watford,but happily meet up mate when the weather gets warmer..for sure...your bike sounds nice mate...take care on her...keep in touch mate as soon as the weather changes ill be out on my baby and could meet up somewhere for the afternoon.be realy nice to finaly meet a face that iv been in contact with on NMP..look forward to that mate.what town do u actualy live in west sussex

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:57 ----------

I often go down to brighton mate so could meet up down there one day.

Sounds like a plan Greg we will get something sorted :yesyes:
Some of the guys I ride with go up to the ace Friday nights. I will come one night.

I live in Eastbourne it's about 20 miles east of Brighton. Did you go to Brighton for the speed trials and Brightonia?

I bet your daughter loves going pillion:D I can't wait until my little one can. As soon as his feet can reach the foot pegs we're off:D

gregcool
27-12-16, 09:02
I missed that brighton bash mate was sll planed to go and in the end i couldnt make it was gutted..im not going to miss it this year tho..yhere are planty of ride outs up this way through the spring and summer..i plane to go down to brighton several times this yesr coming and the ace cafe fri nights again.great night at the ace,plentybof bikes and activity there..my daughter is 14 and its such a great bond having her on the back although i have got to get that pillion seat re-padded because there so thin and after half hr she gets uncomftable.im going to get it re-padded to make it thicker and softer for her.but love most of all being out on my own to..will def meet up mate be nice to catch up..how didcu christmas all go mate,hopefully it went well

BikerMatt
27-12-16, 21:32
I missed that brighton bash mate was sll planed to go and in the end i couldnt make it was gutted..im not going to miss it this year tho..yhere are planty of ride outs up this way through the spring and summer..i plane to go down to brighton several times this yesr coming and the ace cafe fri nights again.great night at the ace,plentybof bikes and activity there..my daughter is 14 and its such a great bond having her on the back although i have got to get that pillion seat re-padded because there so thin and after half hr she gets uncomftable.im going to get it re-padded to make it thicker and softer for her.but love most of all being out on my own to..will def meet up mate be nice to catch up..how didcu christmas all go mate,hopefully it went well

Greg you should be able to buy some sort of gel cover that fits over the pillion seat.

My Christmas has been quiet mainly due to the fact I bent down to take my trainers off on Christmas evening and put my back out :doh::doh::doh:
How's yours been? Good I hope!

MyNameIsTerry
28-12-16, 04:57
I'm not a biker but I'm on one of the routes to Matlock so when they are having meets we get a load coming through together. The locals also do a charity cavalcade for pets each year.

Good to hear you have your daughter back, Greg. She had an enormously positive impact on your life when she came back into it before. I've always thought that maybe deep down this was impacting on you more than you realised when you thought she wasn't in life by choice and the difference she made to you was so clear on here mate.

gregcool
03-01-17, 08:42
Greg you should be able to buy some sort of gel cover that fits over the pillion seat.

My Christmas has been quiet mainly due to the fact I bent down to take my trainers off on Christmas evening and put my back out :doh::doh::doh:
How's yours been? Good I hope!

Hi mate.put your back out.sorry to hear that mate.hope that gets better soon.nothing worse than a bad back,realy gets you down having pain in the back.my xmas was up and down mate..depression quite high and anxiety esp depersonalization most of the time that realy got me down.had a couple of days with good points in it but over all pritty shit.had my daughter for 5 days so not used to having company this long so no where for me to hide when i was feeling shit..then i had her back on the 28th untill the 2nd ,again depression high and anxiety..i think sitting in most of the time realy didnt help things..iv seen those gell seats on ebay was thinking of getting one there inly about 25 pounds so roll on spring time cant wait to getbmy bike back out on the road in the warm sunshine..so other than your back mate how have things been 4 u

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 ----------

I'm not a biker but I'm on one of the routes to Matlock so when they are having meets we get a load coming through together. The locals also do a charity cavalcade for pets each year.

Good to hear you have your daughter back, Greg. She had an enormously positive impact on your life when she came back into it before. I've always thought that maybe deep down this was impacting on you more than you realised when you thought she wasn't in life by choice and the difference she made to you was so clear on here mate.

Hi terry.hope you had a good xmas mate..you r right mate about my girl having a possitive effect on me last year.but this time round im not feeling it mate,dont know why..maybe im having her to much.i have her every weekend rather than every two weeks as i did last year i dont know..it could also be the time of year winter,when i was having her hear last time it was through the summer months and maybe that helped with the better weather..also my doctor is making me come right diwn off of my trazadone.i have been on 200ml for many months from 250.but over the last 8 months iv been droping it very slow to the point of being on 150ml but have noticed not feeling good ever since that slow drop.im now on 130ml and on my way down to 100ml which is where he wants me to be.but just dont feel any improvment in myself while droping..im convinced coming away from.200ml is the cause of my extra low moods and higher anxiety all day.so not sure how this is going to pan out for me mate....i hope you r well mate and had a lovely xmas

BikerMatt
04-01-17, 00:09
[QUOTE=gregcool;1630086]Hi mate.put your back out.sorry to hear that mate.hope that gets better soon.nothing worse than a bad back,realy gets you down having pain in the back.my xmas was up and down mate..depression quite high and anxiety esp depersonalization most of the time that realy got me down.had a couple of days with good points in it but over all pritty shit.had my daughter for 5 days so not used to having company this long so no where for me to hide when i was feeling shit..then i had her back on the 28th untill the 2nd ,again depression high and anxiety..i think sitting in most of the time realy didnt help things..iv seen those gell seats on ebay was thinking of getting one there inly about 25 pounds so roll on spring time cant wait to getbmy bike back out on the road in the warm sunshine..so other than your back mate how have things been 4 u

Sorry to read that Greg anxiety/depression is sh*t isn't it! I'm the same mate and the bad back isn't helping. I'm walking around like I've soiled myself and can't even get in and out of my car:doh::doh::doh:

Yes roll on spring! I keep my bike in my parents garage as I don't have one. I'd better go and get the battery out of it before it nackers it.

Are you still vaping Greg?

gregcool
04-01-17, 08:01
My bike is in a small garage to matt..my battery is in doors on a optimate charger.i just put it back on my bike every two weeks and start my bike up then leave it running for about 10min just to get things moving.plus its nice seeing my bike and hearing her running...yes mate still only vaping havnt smoked at all in nearly 8 months now.i love my vape and hate the smell of normal smokes.ill never go back to smoking again now..so at least that has worked for me...

Annie0904
04-01-17, 08:44
Hi Greg, I have just returned to nmp too as going through a rough patch. A mixture of anxiety and depression and have been unable to work the last few months because of it. I came off my medication last Spring and doctor won't prescribe dosulipin now which is the one that helped me. I have tried mirtazapine and fluoxitene and had bad reactions to them so don't know what to do now.
I am pleased you have regular contact with your daughter now but the responsibility of this could be causing you more anxiety for a while.
Great that you have work now and a new bike and have given up smoking. You have certainly come along way in the last couple of years. Sometimes when you are in a more settled situation all the past anxieties can hit which has been the case with me. I am having counselling again. x

shiznit76
04-01-17, 15:36
Hi, like you folks, i'm back too, wonder if it just this time of year? Had 3 great months, a right kick in the knackers to be back like this:mad:.

Why won't your doc presribe you that med Annie?

Annie0904
04-01-17, 17:36
Hi, like you folks, i'm back too, wonder if it just this time of year? Had 3 great months, a right kick in the knackers to be back like this:mad:.

NICE guidelines say they can only prescribe to people already taking it and since I weaned off it early last year they won't let me have it back :(

BikerMatt
05-01-17, 20:25
My bike is in a small garage to matt..my battery is in doors on a optimate charger.i just put it back on my bike every two weeks and start my bike up then leave it running for about 10min just to get things moving.plus its nice seeing my bike and hearing her running...yes mate still only vaping havnt smoked at all in nearly 8 months now.i love my vape and hate the smell of normal smokes.ill never go back to smoking again now..so at least that has worked for me...

Glad you've managed to keep off the fags.
It will be a year vaping for me on the 21st and I couldn't imagine going back to fags.

gregcool
08-01-17, 09:30
Hi Greg, I have just returned to nmp too as going through a rough patch. A mixture of anxiety and depression and have been unable to work the last few months because of it. I came off my medication last Spring and doctor won't prescribe dosulipin now which is the one that helped me. I have tried mirtazapine and fluoxitene and had bad reactions to them so don't know what to do now.
I am pleased you have regular contact with your daughter now but the responsibility of this could be causing you more anxiety for a while.
Great that you have work now and a new bike and have given up smoking. You have certainly come along way in the last couple of years. Sometimes when you are in a more settled situation all the past anxieties can hit which has been the case with me. I am having counselling again. x

Hi annie..shame for you after a good run of feeling good,that must be realy hard to go backwards after that.i think u r right about extra responsibility,i have her every weekend and my sat night on my own listning to music and a bottle of wine have gone.so iv got to get used to this new life style every weekend.i love my daughter to death but im just not used to company every weekend and the constant calls from her through the week....such a shame you r unable to work now to,so what do you do with your days now.i hope the counselling works out for you annie and you get back on your feet again and get back to work..hope you had a good xmas

---------- Post added at 09:21 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

Hi there hope you feel better again soon.anxiety is a bummer esp around xmas time.makes me feel like im missing out

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Glad you've managed to keep off the fags.
It will be a year vaping for me on the 21st and I couldn't imagine going back to fags.

Well done matt.1 year thats great mate..like u i couldnt imagin smoking ever again..hate the smell of them...i dont miss the bad chest i had esp in the morning,yellow fingers and stinking like a old ashtray plus smoking used to spike my anxiety hatted it,when i had a smoke it was like id just taken drugs of some kind,id feel weired and very irritated .when i vape 4mg i dont get any of that..

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

Hi annie..shame for you after a good run of feeling good,that must be realy hard to go backwards after that.i think u r right about extra responsibility,i have her every weekend and my sat night on my own listning to music and a bottle of wine have gone.so iv got to get used to this new life style every weekend.i love my daughter to death but im just not used to company every weekend and the constant calls from her through the week....such a shame you r unable to work now to,so what do you do with your days now.i hope the counselling works out for you annie and you get back on your feet again and get back to work..hope you had a good xmas

---------- Post added at 09:21 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

Hi there hope you feel better again soon.anxiety is a bummer esp around xmas time.makes me feel like im missing out

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Well done matt.1 year thats great mate..like u i couldnt imagin smoking ever again..hate the smell of them...i dont miss the bad chest i had esp in the morning,yellow fingers and stinking like a old ashtray plus smoking used to spike my anxiety hatted it,when i had a smoke it was like id just taken drugs of some kind,id feel weired and very irritated .when i vape 4mg i dont get any of that..

Plus iv been making my own vape duice matt for about 6 months now.got it mastered..the cost is so low mate.i vape 3x 30ml a week.thats 45 pounds in the shop a week,costs me about 5 pounds a week and that includes the new coil..so i can enjoy vaping as much as i want.plus i allways used to smoke outside,never in my flat in all weathers,now when i wake up i just reach for my vape and puff away in bed..love it.

Annie0904
08-01-17, 11:09
I have kept myself busy doing different crafts and my kids bought me some colouring books :) I have been going for a walk every day. Hoping to start gradually getting back to my work routine.

gregcool
08-01-17, 11:20
Sounds like the positive thing to be doing annie..small steps again to try and re gain your strength and confidance again.when the better weather arives this year im sure we will.all feel a bit better..i have noticed over the last few months that,every time i eat i come over realy depressed and iritated and that lasts for a few hrs,realy anoing also i was diagnosed with burning mouth syndrom a year ago.my mouth is constantly burning all over and my toung.there is no cure for this and its awfull.its constant and hard to take my mind off of it...they said its prob a reaction to my anxiety.so something eles to add to my list

Annie0904
08-01-17, 11:56
It is unbelievable what anxiety can do to us :(

gregcool
08-01-17, 12:11
Sure is annie.one thing improves or goes,then something eles arives.cant bloody win.