PDA

View Full Version : Please help, working myself into a state!

Sam Winter
21-12-16, 21:54
So I went to the toilet(to pee) as usual and when I sat back down my side has started hurting almost like a stitch, it only really hurts when I bend or move ect, and I've worked myself into a state thinking its my appendix, some of you may know I'm quite the appendix phobe, my side usually hurts(it has off and on today as usual) but now its constant, I often get side pain flare ups but this feels a little different so I'm instantly panicking, I can't go for a poo(sorry for the tmi) so I'm not sure if its IBS, it could be trapped wind or to do with my acid reflux? I'm really getting worked up about it x

darkside4k
21-12-16, 23:58
I think it was possibly just a muscle cramp but by focusing in on it you now have made it constant. Appendix pain will make you double over and not be able to walk or do anything.

Sam Winter
22-12-16, 00:44
Thanks for the reply :)
Ita still currently here(it calmed down but then I went to the toilet and its come back again) its been about 3 hours and not much has changed so I'm starting to believe that something like trapped wind could be the case x

Ceri78
22-12-16, 11:27
Hi sam
I had grumbling appendicitis during pregnancy and was treated with iv antibiotics but it kicked off big time 8 weeks after my c section so ended up having an open appendectomy! And please trust me you will KNOW if it's your appendix the pain is sharp you can't take a deep breath it's relentless and it will send you straight to A&E. From what you say it's not appendix related so relax hun xx

Stecakes
22-12-16, 11:45
do you drink enough water, dehydration
can cause this

Sam Winter
22-12-16, 21:50
Thank you both! I still have it today but it hasn't changed much so safe to say its just another flare up, I have no idea why I get them or what causes them but sometimes it can get pretty painful, I managed to sleep at 1 am last night so it didn't affect my sleep which I'm proud of x

Sam Winter
23-12-16, 21:59
My mind really gets to me some times, i manage to calm myself down in those situations and when i get pain again thats different i'm instantly writing my will again, i'm currently freaking out at a side pain again that could be my IBS but my mind is still just going at me and it's hard not to listen x

lily1
23-12-16, 22:55
Hi,

I had appendicitis when I was 6 and had my appendix out.
If I remember I was in a lot of pain.

Could be muscular pain or trapped wind. I get IBS so have odd abdominal pains now and again.

Sam Winter
23-12-16, 23:33
Thanks for the reassurance, i just have visions of it being my appendix and it ending up killing me or something x