PDA

View Full Version : My struggle with health anxiety and panic disorder

gamerdude
22-12-16, 00:43
Hello No More Panic,

I have been a visitor to this website for quite a long time, finally decided to sign up and share my experience with anxiety and panic to see if anybody else shares the same symptoms.

Please bare with me.

It first started off with a panic attack out of the blue, rapid heartbeat, shaking, nervousness and panic,to be given the all clear at the doctors.

With my symptoms diminishing over a year or so I thought I was good.

Then came the worst symptom to this date, breathing. (palpitations are gone to this day).

I can only describe my breathing as ''constant awareness and worry'' I would monitor my breathing daily because it felt ''weird'' when I say weird I mean a tightness ''rubber band feeling'' going across my upper torso which gave me the impression of not being able to breath right, I would then get into a big state of panic where it felt like I couldn't breathe, starved of oxygen even though I could talk, not wheeze or any chest pain whatsoever.

After a trip to the doctors (at this time I was having a panic attack right in front of my doctor) He checked me out, said I was fine and sent me on my way.

This put my mind at peace for a little while, and then it started again with the constant monitoring, feeling like I will stop breathing with the tightness around my upper torso, although obviously I have not stopped breathing this feeling happens daily when it happens, usually for a month and goes for 3-4 months, so it comes and goes. I have had this for around 6 years.

I actually started to believe I had asthma but I do not get breathless when walking, or wheezing or any chest pain.

My best technique to stop this is distraction, but this is temporary and it will always come back to haunt me.

So, I ask you.. has anybody had this experience? What do you do to help this? Does this sound like anxiety?

Thank You so much for taking the time to read my story.

zippy
22-12-16, 11:05
Yes i am getting this now. The dr checked my oxygen levels which was 99%, listened and tapped my lungs, ecg and done all my bloods and all fine. I constantly feel like my breathing isn't right and a weird feeling like i have been exercising in the back of my throat. I have tried mindfulness but they are all about focusing on your breathing which makes me worse.