PDA

View Full Version : Frequent painful armpit lumps!!!

Emily101115
22-12-16, 09:15
I had this last month a small but painful lump in my armpit it lasted maybe 2 days than went down than I got it in my other armpit.

This morning I've fell pain in my armpit had a feel and I have found a lump again that's painful.Sat thinking I think it's each time I shave I get this not sure if this could be related?

Does anybody have any suggestions I know this will go in a day or 2 but to get these like every month I'm starting to freak.

I'm 23 and I lost my Mum to breast cancer 9 years ago when I was just 13,I don't have anybody else to turn to.I know bee the past few weeks I have been posting a lot lately,sorry to bug you all

Stecakes
22-12-16, 09:55
hi. I'm sorry to here about your mum.
if it's cancer you're worried about, you wouldn't expect it to come and go.
once it starts growing it keeps growing. usually quite rapidly.
a lump in the armpit that comes and goes doesn't point to cancer.
sounds your having a reaction to something, could be the shaving , do you use excessive deodorant?

Emily101115
22-12-16, 10:02
hi. I'm sorry to here about your mum.
if it's cancer you're worried about, you wouldn't expect it to come and go.
once it starts growing it keeps growing. usually quite rapidly.
a lump in the armpit that comes and goes doesn't point to cancer.
sounds your having a reaction to something, could be the shaving , do you use excessive deodorant?

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.I have laid off deodorant for a while as I thought it could have been that.I try not to shave under my armpits at all as I have been getting this monthly for quite a while now,I always use a clean shaver I'm wondering if I'm pulling to hard and pressing to hard.

I'm trying to think off all sorts just to stop this anxiety xx

Stecakes
22-12-16, 10:14
prodding and poking will undoubtedly aggravate.
also tight tops can cause armpit pain
try not to worry so much.
next time your worrying about it, remind yourself how you just skipped
past the hundreds of things this could be, straight to the scariest one.
thats fundamentally what health anxiety is
try not to worry so much
and enjoy the holiday.

Emily101115
22-12-16, 11:45
I know this lump I have I've never had it s far down its right to the bottom of my armpit I normally get them sort of middle at the top region.

I am really trying to get into the festive spirit but can't stop all the worrying

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

Just looked at it in the bathroom and the skin were the lump is is red not sure is this is a good sign or not

Stecakes
22-12-16, 11:51
if you're really worried you can always
see your gp.
I'd bet your doctor won't be worried about your
examination .

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

the fact that you've been messing with it is a good indication
of why it's red.
you're letting your anxiety run with this now.

Emily101115
22-12-16, 14:55
Keep trying to think positive

Catherine S
22-12-16, 15:02
It does sounds like some kind of reaction to shaving there as Stecakes said. You say it's a monthly occurrence so may be hormone related, female hormones do some very strange things to us. It doesn't sound like anything sinister.

ISB x

half-empty
22-12-16, 15:51
i have had this soooo many times over the years, never saw a doctor about but I believe its hormonal. I noticed that it happens when im not on contraception, that's why I think its hormones. the fact its small and only lasts a couple of days at a time would tell me its nothing serious, if it was they wouldn't go down and they would just keep growing.

Emily101115
22-12-16, 20:25
Thank you for replying to all of you.I have this skin cancer feat at the moment Melanoma I'm looking at the freckles on and off through out the day picking and poking.

It all started when I found a black mark on my arm,my partners says it's just a scab as I'm always picking at my arms as I get quite a few spots I picked the scab off as there was a very light new freckle there and it's scanned over agin helped quite nice.

I guess what I was thinking with this lump this morning is that it was the skin cancer spreading,I can't control my mind anymore I feel so depressed just not myself

AmyJane1508
22-12-16, 20:56
Could it be related to ovulation or is your period due? Go to the docs and get it checked out. If they say it's nothing to worry about then make a mental note of where you are in your cycle and see if it happens next month. If it does then it's purely hormonal. Sorry about your Mum. Hugs x

Emily101115
23-12-16, 17:59
Now you have said it,it was around this time last month that I had a small painful lump under my armpit again.Today ot doesn't feel as big and but still quite tender bit as bad as yesterday...wired xx

Munchlet
23-12-16, 19:10
Hi Emily

I've posted about this before I even spoke to my GP about it and she checked under my arms and couldn't feel anything, she said to me it is probably from shaving and since I've swapped to an electric razor it's been fine. The GP said you only have to slightly nick the skin and it is enough to cause a slight swelling.

I'd mention it to the GP but I'm sure it's fine, I seem to recall others on here have posted about this before as well as me.