PDA

View Full Version : My main anxiety trigger? Tiredness?

littlepanda
22-12-16, 12:27
Hi all,

I joined NMP quite a while ago but haven't been very active. Back again now! Honestly I tried to distance myself from anything anxiety related for a while which did help, but now I think I can see things in a more positive light.

This week has been the most challenging I've had in a while. Anxiety wise I feel like I have had a really good few months. However, I don't leave the house very often on my own (I work from home so that is part of it) and this does need to change soon.

Long story short I had a panic attach back in Feb this year, which caused me a leave my full time job. Since then I feel like I have been recovering from several years of stress and trying to learn how to deal with things and take care of myself better.

Now I am living in a place with my partner for 6 months and I have more control over my routine, my diet, etc. My partner does work late shifts though which can be difficult for me at times.

Anyway. I am coming to realise that tiredness is one of the things I find most difficult. Over the years all of the feelings caused by tiredness have become linked with very negative thoughts and actions.

Its nearly Christmas, I have little work to focus on. I'm quite bored and at home alone a lot while my partner is at work. I have little to do besides play games. I really want to get out and exercise but I am quite unfit at this point and I'm quite anxious about exercising by myself, and in the cold!

I'd love to be brave enough to go to the gym on my own.... but again this is something I think about and start to sweat. The bus journey on its own would be a bit of a challenge. Maybe this is a goal I can set for myself next year?

I don't know I think I'm just venting a bit because I'm bored and lonesome today. Helps to get my thoughts out of my head.

If you read all of this thank you! I am looking to make some new friends to talk to, whether that be via FB, email or actual mail or whatever I don't mind at all.

Hope y'all are having a good day :)

randomforeigner
22-12-16, 16:52
Why not start by walking, going for walks? You could check out 'Nordic walking' it's supposed to be effective. (It looks a bit ridiculous though.) Aim for going for a walk twice a day for 15 minutes each time, for starters, with our without those poles. Then you can stretch it to twice a day for thirty minutes a time, over a couple of weeks... I would perhaps not set up going to the gym on your own as a goal straight away, it's a bit like jumping into the deep end of the pool. If you like reading books, this is something you can try as a change to playing games. Pick something classic that's also easy enough to read and a bit entertaining, like perhaps Harry Potter or maybe re-read C.S. Lewis.... I like to read books myself and recall a time when I found C.S. Lewis' books to be very entertaining, nowadays I'd perhaps pick something else (I'm currently plowing through a tome on CBT as it happens, but that's an entirely different story...)