PDA

View Full Version : Been here for a while but never introduced myself :)

Capercrohnj
22-12-16, 14:52
Hi, I'm capercrohnj. I'm 40 and live in the Maritime region of Canada. I have been suffering from bipolar 2, gad, panic attacks, anorexia binge/purge (mostly recovered from an) and body dysmorphia forever. I have health anxiety but I am also chronically ill with severe fistulizing Crohn's disease and am on chemo drugs. I ignored my symptoms forever thinking it was ibs. When I got really ill Dr Google told me it was Crohn's but I was terrified of Prednisone (I was really into fitness) so I didn't go to the dr until I ended up in the er close to perforating. I ended up being hospitalized for over a month on TPN and lots of drugs (including Prednisone). I had to start the last resort drugs (biologic and immunomodifiers) at diagnosis because I was so ill. I also developed fistulas.i am currently waiting to see a colorectal surgeon to fix them. January will be my second anniversary of my diagnosis.

venusbluejeans
22-12-16, 14:58
Hiya Capercrohnj and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: