PDA

View Full Version : Labyrinthitis or vertigo

Bakebeansrule
22-12-16, 16:17
About a week ago I noticed I was feeling a bit dizzy and had blurred vision I and off. I went to the Drs and she thinks I have labyrinthitis as I had a cold a few weeks ago or very mild vertigo. She didn't reassure be about much to be honest she basically said she didn't have time to answer my questions. She had a look in my ears but said she couldn't see my ear drums because there was some wax so use olive oil and gave me some exercisees to do. My right eye also feels quite sore and scratchy she looked in both and said they look fine.

I've been using the olive oil in my ear for the last couple of days but nothing is coming out. I'm feeling like I have pressure in my sinuses but my nose isn't really running. I feel like I've got a cold coming but it's not coming to anything! I'm feeling really frustrated

Anyone had this and did it get worse before it got better or I wonder if my anxiety is focusing on it and making it worse

Scooter86
22-12-16, 18:27
Hey there!
I feel your pain and anxiety, I've been feeling dizzy and foggy for the last month and a half. Doctors don't know what it is but they say it could be a virus, anxiety, or perhaps just some random vestibular issue. They have me going to a physio to give me exercises to try and speed up the recovery process.

Honestly, I've gone back and forth in my mind convincing myself it's just a virus (like labyrinthitus) to something terrible like a tumour or something. But all of my own guess work is all just anxiety. That's it! The important thing to take away from this is your doctor seems to think it will go away with time so I think we both need to just do our exercises and try to focus on not letting our anxiety take over.

I know how annoying it is feeling off balance all day, feeling tense and foggy or having a headache. But we can get through this!! I know we can!

Feel free to shoot me a message if you need to vent or chat.

Cheers :)

Gary A
22-12-16, 19:17
About a week ago I noticed I was feeling a bit dizzy and had blurred vision I and off. I went to the Drs and she thinks I have labyrinthitis as I had a cold a few weeks ago or very mild vertigo. She didn't reassure be about much to be honest she basically said she didn't have time to answer my questions. She had a look in my ears but said she couldn't see my ear drums because there was some wax so use olive oil and gave me some exercisees to do. My right eye also feels quite sore and scratchy she looked in both and said they look fine.

I've been using the olive oil in my ear for the last couple of days but nothing is coming out. I'm feeling like I have pressure in my sinuses but my nose isn't really running. I feel like I've got a cold coming but it's not coming to anything! I'm feeling really frustrated

Anyone had this and did it get worse before it got better or I wonder if my anxiety is focusing on it and making it worse

Labyrinthitis is an infection of the inner ear. It causes bouts of vertigo and sometimes nausea. The infection generally gets into the inner ear following colds and other upper respiratory tract infections.

The effects can last for months at times, depending on how severe your symptoms are. The thing to remember is that while vertigo caused by labyrinthitis is extremely uncomfortable, it is totally harmless.

Peripheral dizziness and dizziness associated with brain malfunction, known as central vertigo, are easily differentiated by doctors. It will go away in time.

Bakebeansrule
23-12-16, 09:16
Thanks for your replies do you think it would also cause sinus pain? I mention to the dr I was feeling really anxious but she ignored it (wasn't my usual dr) yesterday my head was so sore around my sinuses but I was really busy most of the day and worrying about getting everything done while feeling rubbish. In the evening i took some sinus tablets and relaxed and felt great

skippy1707
11-01-17, 20:06
I have had labyrinthitis since 2013. I have months where I'm fine and then like now my symptoms have returned but this is the first major attack ive had in 3 years.

It is not a nice feeling, ita horrid in fact. I now take betahistine dihydrochloride if it flairs up which does help but I was told by the doctor that it is well known for triggering anxiety so lots of people suffer with it.

Take it easy and I'm here if you want to talk. X

Blonde123
28-02-17, 11:58
so Ive had something similar. My symptoms are:

Colds and coughs on/off since October
Went to mexico in October and the pressure on the flight forced all the mucus from my nose into my sinus but never had any pain, felt funny around my cheeks but no specific pain
Since then had tickly cough that did the rounds for 2 months
January felt tiny pops in my nose like sharp bubbles popping but no nasal drip
Just had a flight to Dubai, nose pops again, no cold but I feel bunged up in my nose but it isn't running. Headache like you wouldn't believe and eye pain, slight teeth pain (never had toothache in my life!) and a funny dizzy feeling.