PDA

View Full Version : Ocd picking is making my life a misery

Littlemissanxiety
22-12-16, 16:59
I have always had anxiety but recently it's manifested itself as obsessive picking at my skin. Sometimes it's at a spot others it's tiny hair follicles but each time I end up picking until I cut myself I don't mean to be the anxiety I get if Im not touching it is overwhelming. It's so bad at the moment I have scabs all over my face! I started on sertraline last week to see if that could help it but that hasn't started to take effect yet so am really after some other coping techniques or ideas as I'm getting to the point where even make up can't cover up the mess

whoevenami
22-12-16, 17:28
I'm not sure, I'd maybe suggest trying to substitute skin picking for something? It sounds dumb, I know, but maybe when you feel the urge to pick your skin you should maybe begin to exercise or do something active. I'm not really sure, I'm positive you'll be able to find something online about this if you have a little look around, you'll pull through, all the best. :)

yorkylover
16-05-17, 00:00
I have started to do the same thing. I was a member here years ago through anxiety and panic but got better. Recently I lost my mum and it hit me hard. I have started to pick my face spots and hair follicles and to the point of being raw red and sore. I'm aware I am doing it at times and others I'm not. When I am aware I still do it. I don't touch it all day as its covered in make up and I know when I'm out or working people would see it so as soon as the days over and I get my make up off I sit down for the evening and start picking away. I'm not sure if its part of grief as I'm constantly cleaning as well or trying to keep busy.