PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain

phil06
22-12-16, 22:13
I have a pain at the top right of my chest been there 2 days since I woke up it's like a strain it's towards my shoulder?

What would cause this anybody else had it before?

Gary A
22-12-16, 22:45
I have a pain at the top right of my chest been there 2 days since I woke up it's like a strain it's towards my shoulder?

What would cause this anybody else had it before?

It could be a pulled muscle or just a general ache, but chest pain should always be looked into if you don't know the cause. I would speak to your doctor.

phil06
22-12-16, 23:28
Yes it feels like a pulled muscle just don't know how I done it or how long it will take to go away. Googling just comes up with heart attacks etc..

Gary A
23-12-16, 00:09
Yes it feels like a pulled muscle just don't know how I done it or how long it will take to go away. Googling just comes up with heart attacks etc..

Well then stop googling. :huh:

Go to your doctor if it gets any worse or doesn't get better. Chances are it is something like a pulled muscle, only way you'll really know is to see a doctor and stop googling yourself into a panic.

Catherine S
23-12-16, 00:26
When you think of how many muscles, nerves, sinews, internal organs and blood vessels the human body is made up of, why are we anxious people always surprised when we have a pain somewhere? When I say a pain, I mean a bearable livable carry on with life type of pain, as opposed to an unbearable crippling can't move type of pain, which would indicate something more.

Phil, it doesn't sound like anything sinister and it's on the right side so not your heart. But as Gary said, please don't Google. You've been on the forum since 2006, so you should know better! :D

Take care
ISB x

gingersnaps
27-12-16, 00:47
Chest pain always seems very serious and googling it will almost always 'tell' you that you are having a heart attack. If Google were right then I would have had over 50 heart attacks by now- yet I've had none. Chest pain can also be a symptom of anxiety, and for me, I tend to get it after caffeine. That sounds pretty bad, but I'm not worried. I get chest and rib pain often, usually on the left, but nothing was ever found. Last year I went to the hospital which was terrifying and I had chest X- rays, ekg, the lot. Found out it was a chest infection which went away by itself. Perhaps it could be that- chest infections do tend to come around in these cold months. I hope that this has helped to reassure you that it is much more of a common symptom than you'd think. Towards the shoulder does sound like more of a muscle problem than a heart problem if it's any help
Hope all is well