PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to up my dose

meg234
23-12-16, 00:58
Been taking 10mg for about 6 weeks, I'm finding it hard to sleep my heart is racing all the time my doctor wants me to up to 20mg but I'm scared do I need to up my dose is that what's causing the palpitations? I'm at rest and it's going so fast no matter what I do please any suggestions the thing that worries me is reading the higher the dose of citalopram the more risk for heart problems

Berns5
23-12-16, 03:59
Hi! I too am on 10mgs. It took about 8-9 weeks for me to feel the full effects. Stick with it, it will get better.

Shazamataz
23-12-16, 05:58
The rapid heart could be anxiety but the meds can also cause palps as well. My understanding is 20mg is the therapeutic dose so you may not be getting much benefit from the 10 mg.

Mermaid16
23-12-16, 06:30
Hi! I am having similar issues at the moment. I take Nortriptyline though, not celexa. Rapid heartbeat is a side effect of this medication. My resting heart rate use to be low 60, high 50's and since starting this medication it is around 90 when I'm resting. I rang the psychiatrist because I was worried, but she said that is normal and it isn't until it gets to about 120bpm that they would be concerned. I think it does tend to go back to normal after a while of taking the medications I've read. Hope this has helps. Try not to focus on it too much if you can. I would say that if it is less than 100bpm than your fine, anything over I would probably at least see a GP and get their opinion.

Andy1718
23-12-16, 09:37
Hang in there. I would go to 20mg. 10mg did little for
Me. I did have two weeks of bad side effects from cit but I didn't get worse by increasing my dose. Took 10 weeks to feel the true value. It will get better. Keep busy, exercise and don't google it. Apart from this forum.