PDA

View Full Version : There is hope.

SleeplessInOhio
23-12-16, 05:41
Hi all, I just wanted to say that there is hope! Last year was one of the worst years of my life. I knew that I had anxiety, but the anxiety I dealt with was debilitating. I couldn't eat, I dropped a bunch of weight and I wasn't sleeping much. I was in a constant state of worry about if I was ever going to feel "normal" again... and yes, I did, and so will you. I was put on Lexapro for 9 months and I just recently quit it cold turkey (not recommended). The Lexapro did help me take my mind off of silly things that would trigger my panic attacks.

Keep busy, try getting some excersize, watch a new TV show (my show of choice was South Park :P), do anything you can do to take your mind off things.

This website was my savior during my time of need last year, I was happy to see i wasn't the only one with anxiety problems. Things get better, stay positive and have a happy holiday everyone!:)

ana
23-12-16, 11:57
Thank you for that inspirational message. :) I'm pleased to hear you're doing much better. I hope you continue to feel well.

roseanxiety
24-12-16, 14:12
Thank you. That's great to hear especially during the holidays when my anxiety is at an all time high.

DoraFlora
01-01-17, 23:53
A nice thought since I am having a particularly bad week. Though I do remember moments in my life where anxiety did not consume me, it's hard to recall or to think those times are possible again when you are in the throes of it.

-Dora

GlassPinata
01-01-17, 23:57
I was on Prozac once, following a bout of depression after the birth of my youngest son.
WOW, what a difference that made. I was productive, happy, unworried. A different person.
Unfortunately, it made me gain almost 40 pounds in one year, and I just couldn't live with that.
I weaned off of it, and very quickly dropped the weight, but my anxiety returned.
Ironic, because Prozac isn't even for anxiety, but it certainly had the unintended effect of curing mine.
I briefly saw what life would be like as a normal, non-anxious (but fat) person. I decided I didn't want it.
Frequently lately, I wish to go back to it. But that is no longer an option. I am uninsured, and have no way to see a doctor or get meds.

Ethansmom
02-01-17, 04:05
Had the same problem with prozac! Gained 20 pounds in 7 months and had some insomnia.

Jacqueline7
02-01-17, 07:38
What a lovely post. And so right. When I am in the midst of it I fear the worst

But as the. Veil of dread begins to lift u see there is hope and life

Lovely

Jacqueline

emmegee
02-01-17, 11:27
Thanks for the inspiring post. It's just what some of us need to hear. :)

SleeplessInOhio
07-01-17, 06:56
I'm glad you all enjoyed my post. I hope you all had a great holiday. I'll try to be more active on the website to provide any help I can. Best wishes.