PDA

View Full Version : Anyone taken Sertraline?

cattia
23-12-16, 09:49
I went to the Dr about my latest HA flare up and she has prescribed me Sertraline. I feel unsure about taking it. It's been ten years since I was on meds and before I have only ever taken prozac. I am very anxious about taking anxiety medication :wacko:
Has anyone got any experience with this drug?

Fishmanpa
23-12-16, 10:09
I was on it (100mg) along with therapy for about 6 months following my first heart attack and some depression that followed. Other than a dodgy tummy, I was fine and it was the crutch I needed to help me overcome the depression.

There's a sub-forum (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=54) on it in the meds section.

Positive thoughts

cattia
23-12-16, 10:20
Thank you Fishmanpa. I will check out the sub forum.

Bakebeansrule
23-12-16, 10:25
I took it for a couple of months. The first week or so I wasn't sure it was working but it ended up helping me a lot intact I'm thinking of going back on it to help me again now.

Fishmanpa
23-12-16, 10:28
Mind you, everyone is different. There are positive and negative stories. For me, I went in with a positive and open mind. I didn't scare myself with reading all about it. When the dodgy tummy started, I found out it was a minor side effect. Other than that I really didn't feel any different BUT, those around me noticed a positive change about a month in. The only time I felt different was when I was weaning off... had the head zaps, dizziness etc. but it didn't last long.

Chin up, positive attitude, open mind and I believe it can help.

Positive thoughts

cattia
23-12-16, 10:39
Thanks again to you both. When I went on prozac the side effects were horrendous but they only lasted a couple of weeks. I persevered because I was desperate. After four weeks it was like a light switch, I just suddenly felt like myself again. The withdrawal effects were awful but the second time I came off them I came off super slowly and it was ok.