PDA

View Full Version : schizophrenia fear

Lon
23-12-16, 10:54
Hi... I don't know if people with anxiety experience fleeting paranoid thoughts. Please tell me if you do...
Sometimes, but not very often, I will get a random paranoid thought, like that my mom poisoned my food. Just now, my brother stirred in his sleep behind me and a random thought pooped into my head that he was going to harm or shoot me.
This doesn't happen with everyone or all the time. Really, just at home. I experienced a lot of corporal punishment from my mom and she'd been acting nicer so I suppose those thoughts are because I don't really trust her. I never actually believe these thoughts, they're just fleeting, but I'm so anxious right now that this can be the beginning of something bad :sad:

(I'm 18 Female, depressed, suspected adhd. i dont take good care of myself but that has been so since childhood)

MyNameIsTerry
23-12-16, 11:17
It sounds like you are having intrusive thoughts.

I would suggest you have a look at threads on the OCD board, which is where schizophrenia worries are most common as it's a known OCD theme, and you will find people talking about this. But intrusive thoughts are the most common OCD thread theme I've seen since joining the site on that board and the advice in those threads will help you to understand about them and how best it is to react to them without reinforcing them.