PDA

View Full Version : Bowel Question Sorry! TMI

Munchlet
23-12-16, 12:52
Can anyone tell me is it normal to still see traces of suppositories in your stool 3 days after using one?

It's just I've been having digestive problems (stupidly stopped taking my PPI's) and I've been having bad GERD and constipation.

I've started my PPI again but due to straining etc I used a suppository on Tuesday and ever since when I've managed to go I noticed that there's a small amount of white in my stool which looks how a suppository would. I'd say 85% of the stool is perfectly normal in colour it's just a small part.

I ask because normally it only lasts for one/two BM's but this is three days later. Admittedly as I said I've been constipated so not been as regular as usual and last night I had the most horrific diarrhoea/nausea and acid reflux. I was in and out the toilet for a few hours and apart from one tiny bit that again looked like a suppository the rest was normal colour.

It's Christmas and my HA always kicks in this time of year but I keep thinking if it was anything bad then surely the whole stool would be white not just a small part of it, any ideas?

Sorry for the too much information!

Lily777
23-12-16, 23:43
Have you asked your doctor about that?