PDA

View Full Version : Woke up with a wound on my ankle...

JennyX
24-12-16, 01:23
Dear all,

It is my first time to post here. Thank god I finally found a place like this where I could tell everyone about my anxiety. So the thing actually happened two months ago, around oct. 16th. I woke up that morning with a wound on my ankle. It bled. And right beside it was a piece of skin broken in the shape of a triangle but no blood. As someone who generally fears rabies, my mind immediately told me that I was bit by a mouse or a rat in my sleep and I slept right through it. I'm still in college and I live in a college dorm. I immediately called my dad and he laughed and dismissed it.

I cleaned the wound then and it healed properly and no sign of infection was ever present. I didn't go to see a professional, which I regret immensely now. Even I go to the school clinic I highly doubt if they will give me rabies shots.

I actually finished my last dose of rabies shots in July 4th, for suspicion of rabies from a stray cat. I received four good doses. I googled and it said if you are exposed again, you are supposed to receive two boosters, no matter when you received your last shot. So I assume if I was exposed again but did not update my boosters I would die eventually.

I know Xmas is coming, but I am worrying like hell and I am in no mood for it. I know two months has passed, but that just makes me feel like my death toll is nearing me! Right now, I am so scared I don't know what I should do. I cannot talk to my parents since they will just get so mad at me.

Should I go to ER by myself later? What do you think I should do? I am so thankful to whoever can help me here.

BikerMatt
24-12-16, 01:36
I think whilst sleeping, you probably just caught it with your toenail on your other foot?

JennyX
24-12-16, 01:48
I think whilst sleeping, you probably just caught it with your toenail on your other foot?

The thing is, how can it be possible that my toenail could actually penetrate skin and make me bleed? My dad said the same, but I don't know how it could possible happen. Also, the wound is round...Shape-wise, it is also weird.