PDA

View Full Version : Painkillers not working on headache

Timmy444
24-12-16, 13:00
I was getting these"sex headaches " then after one episode it lingered and didn't respond to painkillers . I panicked and googled and came across daily headaches that never leave and think I'm stuck with it. Normal painkillers don't work
And neuro said it's anxiety . I now have it everyday . Do others find painkillers useless too?

emmegee
24-12-16, 13:20
Four years ago I went through a HA episode with many symptoms (likely caused by anxiety). The most prominent one was a constant severe headache that would not go away. It did not respond to any pain meds. I was prescribed meds to calm my nervous system and slowly the headaches waned. It took a while though... at least a month or two. I found that if I forced myself to be active (even though I did not feel like doing anything with a terrible headache), I seemed to not notice the headache.

Timmy444
24-12-16, 13:29
How long did you have headache , did I start suddenly , I've had it months

emmegee
24-12-16, 13:41
How long did you have headache , did I start suddenly , I've had it months

It started suddenly when I was feeling anxious for about a week. It lasted for a month or two until my anxiety calmed down a bit. Also the meds might have helped. pamelor and klonopin. both to calm nervous system.

Catherine S
24-12-16, 13:47
Timmy, respectfully, you posted about this a few days ago and had 3 pages of replies, and today this is the 2nd of two threads within half an hour of each other about the same thing again. You talk constantly about googling headaches but no mention of asking a real doctor about it. I get that you're in pain and very anxious about this, but you don't seem reassured by the many replies you've had. So my advice would be to ask your doctor after the Christmas break, and in the meantime, why not pop in to your local pharmacist...they are really overlooked and are very good to talk to, and ask about stronger painkillers before the shops close today.

Merry pain-free Christmas

ISB x

Timmy444
24-12-16, 13:49
I've seen a doctor who said it's anxiety and to stop worrying about headache but no
Painkillers work

NancyW
24-12-16, 13:59
I know Tylenol doesn't do a thing for my headaches, advil however works.

Depends though, sometimes I'm stuck with it unail it's good and ready to go away.