PDA

View Full Version : Agitation

Jacqueline7
24-12-16, 18:09
This has always been my worst symptom. I come on here when it returns and feel not so alone so I thought I would re register

I want to thank u all for your posts that I have read in the past that has eased my pain agitation is really bad. When I read my name is Terry's posts I could be reading about me

How do u all cope with agitation. Even my yoga breath work and chanting seem to be unable to touch it at times

Sorry for the long post

Jackie

Benisfked123
24-12-16, 19:24
I'm always agitated it's not very nice for the people around us but we just find it hard to deal with it, when I get agitated I take a deep breath and just let whatever happened go over my head. Or just go into a different room

Jacqueline7
24-12-16, 19:52
Thanks for replying. I do the same. Never act on it or shout at my kids. I refuse to let them suffer.

Just so hard to bear isn't it. And it can last for weeks with me

When it leaves I feel light as a feather

Fishmanpa
24-12-16, 19:54
I can say with certainty that agitation is a manifestation of stress as that's how it mostly affects me.

Positive thoughts

Jacqueline7
24-12-16, 20:00
But I never feel stressed until it comes. I am easy going and nothing bothers me. But when it hits I am terrified and all tied in an angry knot

How do u combat it.

Fishmanpa
24-12-16, 21:27
But I never feel stressed until it comes. I am easy going and nothing bothers me. But when it hits I am terrified and all tied in an angry knot

How do u combat it.

Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. So you may "feel" you're not anxious but your body is on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

How do I combat it? Xanax ~lol~

Positive thoughts

Jacqueline7
24-12-16, 21:58
Haha I have Diazepam twos. I don't really take it but I'll have to it's too hard

Fishmanpa
24-12-16, 22:07
~lol~... same here but I have to admit I've reached for the bottle more than a few times the last four months.

Seriously though... stress does some F'd up things to you.

Positive thoughts

pulisa
25-12-16, 09:09
This is my main symptom and I haven't been able to help myself deal with it. I think you just have to accept it, no matter how unbearable it is and it is unbearable. Diazepam lessens it but it's only temporary and obviously is a highly addictive drug. Xanax is banned in the UK.

I hope this spell passes for you really soon. At least you know that it will lift but I do know how terribly distressing constant agitation is and how it affects your entire life.

Jacqueline7
25-12-16, 11:39
U r all so kind to reply. I am a yoga teacher and teach people with anxiety as I know how horrible it is. Yoga helps me loads but nothing really touches the agitation when it returns.

God I hope one day it never comes back because it takes the joy out of an otherwise happy life

Jackie