PDA

View Full Version : Support

Comoso2
24-12-16, 18:28
Oh my gosh, I'm am anxiety zone refugee. I found this site and hoped to find positive stories and encouragement. Do people here get better? I read all of the personal stories in the home page. They're tragic, even Nicolas. She's "recovered" yet the whole story is about doom and gloom and suffering. I realize this is the harsh reality of this illness, but DANG guys... is this the general consensus here? I actually prefer to believe most people recover and live normal lifes. I've made great progress in my 3.5 years. Is the consensus of this site just... Life sux then you die?

I've been having a great break, I was relaxed but bored so I thought I'd check this place out. Now I'm freaking terrified and it's not a good feeling. I honestly woke up this morning thinking it was going to be a great day, I'll tag some success stories... wow, so disappointed...

MyNameIsTerry
24-12-16, 18:36
I think it's probably opinion.

They say the same about depression but after 2 years of it my dad recovered and has never relapsed in 40+ years.

I like to remain open to full recovery and only consider it a question of whether I will get better, not whether it's possible.

Welcome to NMP :welcome:

Lissa101
24-12-16, 18:50
There's always a huge negative bias in anxiety forums because people tend to use them when they are feeling bad and need support. That's why it's really important for people to leave a success story to help balance things out. I'm suffering a relapse right now, my first bout was 5 years ago. Between then and now I lived a great life with normal anxiety levels, went abroad often, did conference presentations, was able to drink coffee and alcohol again - basically felt like a normal happy person.

Recovery is possible, my therapist says most people recover in fact. So don't be disheartened x

brucealmighty
24-12-16, 18:56
theres a section on the front page called `success stories` which has allsorts of uplifting articles, also `top tips` which might give people a few ideas or new ways of looking at things.
as for recovery everyones different but I was housebound some years back, now I am in regular work, off all medication and come on here to try and help others when I can so I`m not quite fixed yet but I`m nearly there.

Comoso2
24-12-16, 19:15
What I'm talking about is "My Story" and "Member Stories". Jeeminy Christmas, don't go read those unless you want to feel bad.

MyNameIsTerry
24-12-16, 19:32
What I'm talking about is "My Story" and "Member Stories". Jeeminy Christmas, don't go read those unless you want to feel bad.

I think those are really old. Do you mean in the articles?

Comoso2
24-12-16, 19:35
Yes, those. DOOM AND GLOOM...