PDA

View Full Version : Ectopics - Stange Symptom

Jinkus
10-04-07, 20:00
Hi Guys N Gals,

Its been a while since my last post, i have been having weird symptoms today, i was sitting at my desk doing some paperwork when all of a sudden i had a strange flutter sensation which was in my chest and upper chest (almost near my throat area). I found i had to cough to try and rid this feeling, it all happened probably only five seconds but felt alot longer. This scared me greatly as any regular forum users will know i am plauged with ectopics and am always very scared there there going to cause a major problem with my heart. But normally i just have the skipped beat sensation where i have a skipped/gained beat and theres almost electric feeling that goes through me. So the symptom from today is different so it has be worried again. I must have really p**ed somone off in another life as i feel i am being punished with these ectopics for it now!!! :shrug:

Has anyone had the flutter in the chest/upper chest/throat area aside from normal ectopics i/e skipped/gained beats.

If you have experienced these have you ever felt the need to cough to try and regain normality.

These have me scared again and i feel really down again tonight.

So sick & tired of it in all honesty :lac:

joolee
10-04-07, 20:12
yeah babes i have had this too iy wont hurt u just another ectopic thing annoying i know but will ease honestly i have had none for two weeks but tonight im getting them so that is why im on tonight again on this they alw ays feel worse when u havent had them for a while eh hope ive helped there love julie xxxx

nomorepanic
10-04-07, 20:16
The best cure apparently is to cough and it helps.

Have you read all the other posts about this and the website page on palpitations?

Coni
11-04-07, 07:44
Hi Jinkus,

i get ectopics a lot...at least I think thats what they are...and lately they've been much much worse. I get the feelings youve described and either cough or sort of gasp and that seems to help. Lately though they've been lasting a bit longer and even though I'm 'used' to them they're still very frightening, I also have been feeling faint and hot with them but that may just be me panicking! In my experience there doesnt seem to be any logic as to why at times they are worse than others.

take care

Coni X

jodie
11-04-07, 10:02
hi

i to get heses dam things every day sometimes all day .
i have no idea why they happen as they happen when i am stressed and when i am calm i do know if i am thinking about them all the time they get worse .
it dose help to put your hands in ice water it stopes them for a bit and drink plenty of water this allso helps

jodie xx

Hila
11-04-07, 10:29
I get ectopics a lot and they are always different. Sometimes there would be a normal heartbeat then nothing for a long time (seems to me like forever) followed by an enormous thud.
Sometimes (for me the worst) it will go heartbeat nothing hearbeat nothing.....for 4-6 times. That is when I think I have to die and almost ever rush to the ER. By the time I am there everything is back to normal.:blush:

Like you I get these fluttery things in my throat. Sometimes only in my throat and sometimes throat and chest. Coughing helps and drinking cold water. And I take an extra dose magnesium. The fluttery things can go on for hours......

angiebaby
12-04-07, 22:24
I have been having these for 11 years but since having anxiety, two years ago, they have got much much worse. I have them every single day and they do change. Sometimes it's the pause first then the big thud, sometimes it's a thud then a pause, sometimes it takes your breath away, depending what you are doing at the time i.e talking, sometimes multiple ectopics where your heart is totally out of rhythm and goes on for ages and ages and feels like it is doing the cha cha in your chest and they do come up and smack you up the throat too. I absolutly hate them and wish that i could get rid of them totally and completely, full stop!! I was just wondering if anyone knew why if you have a stomach problem, digestion problem, like hiatus hernia or ulcer, this made them worse. I started Omeprazole/Losec two days ago and it hasn't helped yet but i have been told that it can take up to a week to work. I am really proud of myself though as i've actually taken the tablets, first tablet i have taken for a long time as everything makes me ill usually as i am so sensitive to med's. Does anyone know WHY your heart does more ectopics and stuff when you have gas/wind in your system? I can understand it i suppose when i bend down or change positions as your stomach and diaphram are moving and could be nudging your heart??? But why else when you are just sitting still and not doing anything to cause it. Any ideas please?x

Meltdown
15-04-07, 14:32
I get pretty much all the symptoms mentioned above. It's reassuring to hear others desribe the same thing!

I get ectopics sometimes only once or twice a day, sometimes frequently throughout the day. It's definately MUCH worse when I am tired, but sometimes (like last night) they prevent me from sleeping!

Sometimes they seem to come out of the blue, but then on reflection, I remember that someone has just told me something worrying, or something has gone wrong, so there is a connection there.

I think I am getting more at the moment because I have an undelying feeling of excitement about going away on holiday next week. It's crazy, ins't it, you look forward to something, then your body punishes you for it with ectopics!

Meltdown
15-04-07, 14:35
Beta-Blockers definately help, but my Doctor has just reduced my dose to 40mg once a day. BBs do make you feel a little spaced out, so the reduced dose helps with that, but the down side is more ectopics.