PDA

View Full Version : What kind of headache is this and does anyone else get it?!

Ditapage
26-12-16, 05:29
I get a dull tight pressure all across the lower back of my head - VERY uncomfortable but not painful. This lasts for half a day then moves to the top of my head like someone put a heavy book there. I've been to the doctor over so many other issues I am reluctant to rush to them again about this. There's no other symptoms, just this disconcerting feeling. It seems to flare up with bad posture (text neck) a poor nights sleep and overthinking too much. But I can't be sure of the number one culprit. Does anyone get this type of head ache?

Devyn
26-12-16, 06:41
"It seems to flare up with bad posture" there ya go. fix your posture :)

Ditapage
26-12-16, 19:36
Yes, that is true :) its just easy to fall into the panic trap since the headache can happen a few days after the bad posture. But you're right!

PanickyGuy
27-12-16, 16:51
Yeah poor posture (like sitting hunched over staring at the computer screen all day) and\or stress\anxiety tighting up the neck muscles. It's like someone put a vise on the back of your neck and begun to squeeze ever so slowly until your head feels like it's dead weight because of neck stiffness; can cause dizziness too BTW.

And also with anxiety we become oversensitive to that, which makes it even worse, like a domino effect which goes hand in hand. A real pain in the neck...literally.

A neck massage, heating pad or aspirin helps sometimes, depending upon the person.

Scooter86
28-12-16, 13:05
Pain in the butt more like it. But yes I've had this as well. Along with tingling and feeling in a fog....and yes, dizziness. I find mine worse in the morning and when I'm stationary at my desk at work. Try your best to have good posture and not to worry about it. Panicky Guy is right, it gets worse with anxiety. I use those hard tension balls after a nice jog. Wear yourself out running then loosen the tight muscles in your neck by rolling the tension balls across them. It helps me feel more loose but can be very painful to working out all the knots in your neck. If you can afford it, get a deep tissue massage for sure. That will help big time!