PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity heart issues freaking me out

nj
26-12-16, 13:09
Been having lots of anxiety over my heart since I hit 50, even though I have perfect cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.

But I'll be damned if all these celebrity heart related issues aren't triggering me.

Alan Thicke, Carrie Fisher and now George Michael. Enough!

brucealmighty
26-12-16, 13:16
it certainly can play on your mind but there could be lifestyle issues that have affected them, the travelling alone could make you exhausted. add in pressure to stay successful, to look good etc and it all adds up.
you sound in good shape so I hope you feel easier soon

unsure_about_this
26-12-16, 16:37
agree with the above user lifestyle, work, on tour etc etc can play havoc to your health.

AnxietyKillinMe
26-12-16, 16:40
You do realize that all those ppl probably did mad drugs too and lived a terribly unhealthy and stressful lifestyle too, right? And it only bothers you because it's in the news. I see people daily in the hospital 55+ with heart trouble it's just the age range. Get regular physicals, eat healthy, stay hydrated, get exercise, lower stress. As I've said in other posts before there are two ways to have a heart attack, one is more common than the other. You can have electrical failure brought on by electrolyte imbalances and drugs among the most common causes or you can have pump failure which is brought on by bad eating habits that lead to high cholesterol which leads to blockages in your major arteries, other chronic illness causing your heart to fail and become overworked and eventually weaker, or blood clots from a prolonged electrical issues called a fib. Point is...do what I said and you'll be fine. A yearly checkup is more than sufficient and the doctor will do age related testing as appropriate. For every one celebrity that dies from heart problems there's gotta be..god I don't even know since it's one of the leading causes of death in the US so maybe.. tens of thousands or more a day that you never hear about that die from the same thing, so why suddenly care just because it's on tv?

swajj
27-12-16, 02:55
It seems to me that whenever a celebrity dies or experiences a serious health issue due to alcohol or other drug abuse the first response from their significant others is that that those were not factors in their deaths or illnesses. Both George Michael and Carrie Fisher were known to be substance abusers. I don't know about Thicke but it wouldn't surprise me. That isn't to say that drug abuse was definitely the cause but it frequently turns out that way. So don't drink the "he/she was only taking prescription drugs for pain" Kool-Aid. :winks:

Catherine S
27-12-16, 03:13
I agree with swajj. When I read about Carrie Fisher I felt there was more to come, as in more details to be revealed about her health problems as a result of past and...as it turns out...present substance abuse. The same with George Michael. The truth always follows the initial public statements. Ms. Fisher apparently was a regular user...voluntarily...of some kind of electrotherapy which may have also, in combination with other substances, have contributed. On top of which as has been said already, her really hectic work schedule and who knows what her stress levels were.

It was always going to be hard work saving the galaxy.

ISB x

swajj
27-12-16, 03:17
lol true