PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety

A1679
26-12-16, 13:21
Afternoon all, hope all is well.

Ok so I need help, back in Feb I had a severe panic attack, ever since I get anxiety, not bad but I don't like experiencing it. Some of the symptoms I experience is racing heart and dizziness and its mainly the dizziness which I get pretty much everyday but it's been with me for the past 4 to 5 weeks I was wondering how to permanently stop this and I would like to know the name for this dizzy sensation.

Sometimes I get anxiety and there are times when I don't.

I would like to cure myself of anxiety if possible.

Thank you, Andrew.

ana
26-12-16, 18:39
Hi Andrew, and welcome to the forum. :)
I wish we had the answer as to how to permanently stop panic attacks and cure anxiety, but I'm afraid that's not the case. I've been suffering for 15 + years, and the solution to my issue still escapes me. I don't believe that there is one single 'one size fit all' method that works for everyone because everyone's anxiety is different and everyone's psyche is unique.
Personally, I'd try therapy (and medication, if suggested) and getting support from family/friends and trying your best to conquer your fears and do the things you're afraid of doing. In other words, trying to just live your life with as much 'normality' as you can manage. It sounds like your anxiety is intermittent, so now might be the best time to nip it in the bud and prevent it from becoming a huge issue in the future.

A1679
27-12-16, 00:57
Thank you Ana for your kind reply, I'm going to book myself I'm for talking therapy I've never actually tried it but I'm hoping it does me some real good, I'll try it and let you know how it goes, regards Andrew

ana
27-12-16, 10:15
From personal experience, nothing is more beneficial than therapy. It's a tough process, but it's worth it as it teaches you how to identify, analyse, and manage your thoughts and emotions. I hope your first session goes well, and by all means, do let us know how you get on. I wish you well. :)