PDA

View Full Version : leukeamia!!!

alyb
10-04-07, 21:37
Please help anyone! im convinced ive got leukeamia! I have once again got a chest infection. i only got rid of one 3 wks ago after a 2 week course of antibiotics and i had one 2 weeks before that. Ive also got flu like symptoms again. I just seem to be getting poorly all the time and cant shake nothing off. I also had itching al over my body a few months ago so my GP sent me for blood tests and everything was fine apart from my ESR with come bk slightly high but aparantly was nothing to worry about. Now the itching has come back and im really paranoid, All the symptoms for leukemia seem to match mine. Im really scared that im dying!

nomorepanic
10-04-07, 21:42
I had itching for many many months at night and it wasn't anything serious atall.

You are not dying and it isn't leukemia.

What vitamin supplements are you taking and are you eating well?

alyb
10-04-07, 21:47
Im not taking any but i dont eat bady either. I have quite a sensible diet. how can you be so sure its not leukemia? Im scared to go to the docs coz the never take me seiously. This is really getting down!

nomorepanic
10-04-07, 21:53
Ok you tell me why it IS leukemia then?

Cos you googled it?

If we can't convince you then you HAVE to go to docs for peace of mind but I am betting it isn't as you suffer from anxiety etc.

alyb
10-04-07, 22:04
Well im gonna go to docs but i know they'll just think oh no its her again! it just seems strange that im a young girl and im bad all the time. if any1 is out there who's had leukeamia or who knows someone with it could you pls send me a PM and give me some info. I am a little bit run down and went out drinking twice over the weekend resulting in not much sleep so maybe that has something to do with it. I do tend to get poorly after going on benders and not getting enough shut eye! That seems to be the pattern anyway.

nomorepanic
10-04-07, 22:07
I was a young girl and bad all the time as well. Had this for 12 years now!

Yes the alcohol is not good for anxiety atall and will make you 10 time worse.

I think you have just explained the symptoms away so try not to worry ok - you are not dying or anything - it is just tiredness, anxiety, alcohol and worrying.

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

alyb
10-04-07, 22:12
ok thanx nicola. I'll let you know how i get on at docs if i go.

smudgie
10-04-07, 22:40
Hi there

Ive been reading the mail between you and Nicola.

I dont think you have Leukeamia, reasons why, I had it and still not got the all clear, I have to wait 3 months.

The GP did tests and the result was that my white blood count was extremely high 26, it should be near 9.
if you have had blood tests it would of shown up straight away and you would be under the oncology unit by now having dreadful treatment that really will make you feel ill.

I think your systoms relate to your age, enjoying yourself and burning the candle at both ends.
We all get spells where we feel we get allsorts, colds etc, but try not to worry.
Think your just haaving a bad time with picking up a few colds.
Take care
nessx

shoegal
11-04-07, 01:00
Hi,

I DON'T THINK YOU HAVE LEUKEMIA EITHER BECAUSE YOUR BLOOD TESTS WERE FINE. :yesyes:

I think your anxiety is making you think you have leukemia, but don't forget anxiety mimicks many illnesses! Also, none of the symptoms you describe sound like leukemia. I am not a Doctor but I think if you had leukemia you would be extremely tired and weak (not like normal tiredness) and you would lose weight along with other symptoms like muscle problems and vomiting. There are different kinds of leukemia so the symptoms vary, but believe me it would show up in a blood test!

My Grandmother had leukemia and she was very sick. The symptoms you describe don't sound anything like it so please try not to worry. Hope this helps to reassure you a bit.

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

alyb
11-04-07, 23:44
Thanx every1 who's replied to me. I feel a whole lot better by hearing all your comments. I still feel a bit shitty today but hopefully its just another cold and i need to start taking more vitamins! Still gonna go to docs. Got an appoinment 4 fri. I'll keep you all posted. I hope you get the all clear Smudgy i have my fingers crossed for you. xxxx