PDA

View Full Version : Night Sweats - tips re. bedding etc?

feege
10-04-07, 23:14
I suffer really badly from night sweats.. these are at least in part anxiety but I am menopausal anyway and have various other ailments.

I just wondered if anyone had any tips for types of bedding that might help - I have a feeling they have been made worse by a (very comfy) new mattress, that the fabric doesn't breath very well. Also what sort of duvet/covers would help - I have a summer weight goose duvet but I still have to throw it off all the time... you know on/off/on/off lol!

Any ideas anyone?

Piglet
10-04-07, 23:31
Fee - I would wear cotton jimmy jams and have cotton sheets too - they seem to breathe better!!

Keep a damp flannel to hand in the night to cool you down.

May I also recommend 'Udo's Choice Oil'. It is a balance of all the omega's and I get it for good health and it makes my skin so soft (you take it internally) but once when I was at the health food shop (it's in the fridge section) a nursing sister was buying it 4 bottles at a time and telling us all how she couldn't get through her menopause without it. Maybe worth a try - nothing to lose at all.

Love Piglet :flowers:

ksmith
10-04-07, 23:35
Hi Fee

Another member of the site (bearcrazy) recommended to me a Chillow, which is a pillow that stays cold. They're brilliant. I got mine from Amazon and it cost approx. £26 or so. Keeps your head nice and cool.

Kay x

feege
11-04-07, 09:47
oh thanks piglet and kay - I will try both of those!

Phew... it's particularly hot this morning, it's the humidity that gets to me!

Thanks again xxx

feege
11-04-07, 18:54
Thanks Lucy - how are you?!!! How's your tummy? Mine's loads better most of the time now - hope yours is too.

I have all cotton sheets, only a summer duvet but I was wondering about going back to polyester as it seems so hot still! And I wondered about mattress toppers cos the mattress is not natural... ho hum!

Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
11-04-07, 19:52
I sleep with just a sheet and the duvet is there if I get cold in the night.

I also have a fan on in the bedroom all night too.

djm
12-04-07, 12:34
I have just order one of the 'Chillow' pillows as mentioned in this thread. I'll post again and let you know my thoughts once it turns up and I have tried it. It sounds ideal for helping with night sweats and generally when the weather is warm. Thanks for mentioning it.
Dave