PDA

View Full Version : HA is ruining me

SighNoMore
27-12-16, 00:41
I am having some female issues and fear cervical or utinre cancer so much. I had a clean exam, Pap and HPV about a month and a half ago. I also had an ultrasound that was clear.

I can't stop obsessing and analyzing every single twinge. I'm going nuts and so afraid.

I get distracted for a bit and then cycle back to this fear. I am losing it.

Sam Winter
27-12-16, 09:07
I've been in a similar position, mine is currently quite horrific, I recently woke up and my thumb really aches when I bend it so my instant thought is its broken even though I haven't dome any damage to it, logic would dictate its probably not broken but my mind tells me other things, I like to think HA is more of a in the moment thing, I can say quite confidentially that especially after all those tests you are safe and you could probably say the same about my thumb right now, but guarantee if my thumb thing was happening to you it would probably freak you out, we can't stop the possible injuries we may get,some are un-preventable, and we can't even stop ourselves having anxiety really, but we can stop the way our thoughts perceive it. I've found distraction really helps me, coloring in is great it really calms and frees your mind. I also like to analyze my possible injury and thoughts in a different way and see if they really match up, in this case with yours it would how long how have you had those female issues? have they endangered you yet? did your results all come back clean? ��and if you answered yes to the last one logic would dictate its okay but if you listen to the reaction of the voice in your head before your own physical one it would probably be saying a lot of "but they could missed this" "but maybe I didn't tell them enough" "but" "but" there's a lot of what ifs and buts when it comes to that voice but its not true. if that voice tries to take over in a situation you need to try and drown it out, take over it with a more confident voice and lead it x

SighNoMore
27-12-16, 16:10
I will come back and respond more fully, but wanted to say thank you for your brilliant and kind response. I appreciate it so very much!