PDA

View Full Version : Hemorrhoid? I'm kinda freaking out

Brian_VA
27-12-16, 20:26
Does this sound like a hemorroid? Small pee sized bump, kinda hard. I can feel it outside of my anus. I'm kinda freaking out. I noticed it today when taking a shower after I went for a run. No pain or anything.

MyNameIsTerry
28-12-16, 14:21
Yes, it's very likely.

Have you been having issues going to the toilet? Loose and hard stools, lack of fibre, stress, straining, etc are all causes of them and they are very common. And by straining, lifting weights started mine many years ago and it's common in lifters due to straining & clenching in those areas.

Any soreness? Sore when wiping? Any blood or mucus? They can all occur with roids. Even grooves in your poo may appear and a feeling of leaking when sitting down (not on the toilet) due to some seeping.

A GP could very quickly diagnose roids.

Some cream, suppositories, dietary habit change, toilet habit change, reducing stress, etc all help.

roseanxiety
28-12-16, 22:17
Sure sounds like one.

Doug90
29-12-16, 10:37
Yes i get them sometimes usually after bouts of diaorarra, some have been the size of a grape..
Give it a few days the swelling should go down to normal, although recurrence is high once you've had one before but its nothing really to worry about.

swgrl09
29-12-16, 14:53
Yep, had that myself and freaked out. Went to the doctors, even though I was hugely embarrassed, and she knew right away before she even looked at it.

MyNameIsTerry
29-12-16, 15:08
Yes i get them sometimes usually after bouts of diaorarra, some have been the size of a grape..
Give it a few days the swelling should go down to normal, although recurrence is high once you've had one before but its nothing really to worry about.

Someone on here said their doctor told them loose stools can irritate them because of the additional acid in them, I think.

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

Yep, had that myself and freaked out. Went to the doctors, even though I was hugely embarrassed, and she knew right away before she even looked at it.

They commonin pregnancy too. All that pushing through your bottom stuff maybe?

So, with you trying for a baby you might come across them again but your pregnancy support will be able to reassure you.

Capercrohnj
29-12-16, 15:37
Mynameisterry- i have massive hemmorrhoids and i am very rarely constipated. The worst is when my crohn's is flaring really badly and have 30+ times a day diarrhea so yup diarrhea can cause them and yes it is acidic.