PDA

View Full Version : constant urination is this anxiety help

Weasley123
27-12-16, 23:17
I have always peed a lot my whole like maybe 12 times a day and 2 at night usually small amounts. I don't have any blood sugar problems. My usual thing is to pee paticularly by going to bed and 5 min later I think maybe I need to pee again. My husbsbd laughs at me and ofteb the reoeat pews are like a few drops etc cycle repeats but when I'm very busy it's not as bad. I also wake up at night a few times not with a desperate need to pee and then think oh better Today I peed several times this morning in like a 1 hr period I got nervous about it and you guessed it I started obsessing and was seriously peeing every 15 to 20 min except when I went for an hour walk. I've never had a uti but I bought a test strip and it was negative. I think this is another anxiety thing I'm off work and can obsess. I've no butninh whikt peeing but I have some general mild discomfort heightened awareness of my bladder area like I have slight irritation could the peeing have caused this obviously I'll go to Dr if it doesn't get better I'll go to urgent care but I'm pretty sure it's anxiety. I've also been drinking loud of water as o heard that can flush out bacteria if it's ,old. I, worried I won't be able to sleep. I took a xanax and feel a bit bette

roseanxiety
28-12-16, 02:57
Have you ever considered that you may have an overactive bladder? There is medication available for it. But, also, anxiety can cause frequent urination.

bin tenn
28-12-16, 04:29
I agree with nurseanxiety (hi there!), though I don't know much about OAB. I do think (personally, not medically/scientifically backed) that this sort of thing can possibly also be due to a sort of "muscle memory", basically getting the body into a habit. A routine of sorts. My gf always goes to the bathroom at certain times, whether she really needs to or not. Her bladder tends to say it's ready even though it isn't. I don't know, just an idea.

Phuzella
28-12-16, 10:35
I think you can retrain your bladder by waiting a while when you think you need to pee. Obviously if there are no medical issues :)

Weasley123
28-12-16, 15:48
Well today it's much better and I've had lots of water. It doesn't effect my work so I don't think I need meds I think I just pee alot and if I think about it I pee more I can't understand how people can go only 5 times a day 20 min after drinking water I need to pee

jessieblue
29-12-16, 15:34
Hi there. I am suffering badly with the same thing myself at the moment. I get bladder problems related to anxiety and have tests and stuff to rule out serious causes. I did have a uti recently so now I am afraid in case I have another one. It plays with your mind and I feel the same....I know I obsess about it and cannot seem to put my bladder irritation out of my mind. Hope you feel better soon.

Weasley123
29-12-16, 17:20
I find when u think about it it gets worse

Fishmanpa
29-12-16, 17:22
Frequent and urgent urination is the body's response to stress and anxiety. It's called the "fight or flight" (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Kidneys_urgency_to_urinate_frequent_urina tion_sudden_urge_to_go_to_the_toilet) response.

Positive thoughts