PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared

Cindy
11-04-07, 09:46
Hi Everyone
I just wanted to know.On sunday While i was busy helping my mom and sisters in the kitchen making an easter lunch and I was very happy not anxious cause we all were together.Then i stareted getting this funny heart beat I cant describe it like i feel it the for a split second my breath goes away not sure if it is a skipped beat or waht I can't describe.I had it like whole afternoon an and off.I am at work now and I started getting it now I am really scared my heart is gonna stop what must I do?:shrug:

Oh and exactly one year ago this month I was admitted to hospital after they rushed me to the er for waking up with very fast hear paputations.I stayed in hospital had like a thousand ecg done every hour or so.i had heart scans,chest x-rays and the treadmill test done (while you run the link you to this ecg machine.when i was discharged the cardiologist told me my heart was fine.I even had one a few weeks after that done in my physicians office a ecg while I run up and down stairs

I'm really scared guys to you think I need to go again for more tests!
or what can it be :weep:

Please anyone:lac:

jodie
11-04-07, 09:53
hi

please dont be scared as that will make this much worse .
i think from what you have sead you get what i get they are called ectopics heart beats like your heart adds a beat or misses a beat i like you have had all the tests and ecg,s and my heart was ok to ...i get them every day i am getting them right now i know they are not nice but they wont do no harm the worse thing about them is how they feel i knwo that the more you think about them the more they happen lots of people have told me this and they are very right somtimes i have had none but when i think about ti one happens!
over they years of having them i have picked up soem things they say might help
put your hands into ice water
drink ice water
go do somthing to take your mind of them ect try them it might work and be sure that the doc can tell all kinds just from an ecg if there was somthing wrong he would know
hope this has helped
jodie x:hugs:

Cindy
11-04-07, 10:03
Thanks Jody
I will try the ice water thing cause I'm really scared because this is a new symptom for me I usually get the most dreadful heart palputaton but thanks a million:hugs:

jodie
11-04-07, 10:06
its ok hun

i am sure you will be fine i have had them 8 years now and im still hear lol
just try take your mine away from it and they should calm down some

jodie :hugs:

DavidJ85
11-04-07, 10:44
I suffer from these too but not much thankfully!

Mainly either my heart rate is reeeally slow or above average, its never normal

joolee
12-04-07, 11:07
I suffer from ectopics as well they are not nice, but as Jodie said the more we focus on them the more they happen nearly everyone gets these a couple of times a day but they are not aware of them we are just a wee bitty more sensitive about them now that we feel them so dont worry you will be fine honest hope u feel better soon love Julie xxxxxxxxx

debera
12-04-07, 12:32
Hi I Also Get The Ectopic Heart Beats, I Know They Are Very Scarey But You Will Be Ok. The More You Worry About Them The Worse They Get. Try Not To Worry Hard I Know. Try To Focus On Other Things. And I Am Sure Once Your mind Is Off Them They Will Settle Down. Hope This Helps
Love Debera