PDA

View Full Version : Travel anxiety badly right now

Sarahroseable
28-12-16, 13:21
Hi all,

I am a few hours away from flying to Budapest for NYE and I have such bad anxiety I feel like cancelling.
I am scared of being in a new country, terrorism, something bad happening.

Any advice for me? I feel sick. I'm not scared of flying. Ah!

Jacqueline7
28-12-16, 17:41
Oh Sarah it's so hard to look forward to anything when we are clouded by fear of fear.

Just keep telling the fear and negativity to come and do its worst but then move aside so u can live and enjoy your amazing experience

Please know I know what I'm saying is beyond hard but we are survivors

All the best. Take our thoughts with u u are not alone

Jackie

Kobey
30-12-16, 17:59
Hi, I only just saw your post and wandered if you got there ok and how you are feeling ?
I am away atm as well and going through a similar thing. I can travel sometimes and be fine and other times I suffer severe anxiety. Would be nice to know how you are getting on. Hope all going well.

Kobey

Sarahroseable
02-01-17, 21:55
Hi, I have just arrived home - and I was fine. I'm not too sure why, but lately the unstable way the media portrays Eastern Europe (etc) makes it seem so much more scarier than it really is.

Of course, I had moments, when in large crowds I felt a bit anxious. And getting lost. But somehow seemed to be okay - the waiting/thinking/overthinking about it before you go always seems to be worse.

How are you getting on? How are your travels? Thanks so much for your kind words.

Kobey
03-01-17, 00:51
Glad it went well. I'm still away for another week in the states. It's weird I am getting anxiety attacks but also having the time of my life. It's an odd sensation.