PDA

View Full Version : New

Tweetiepie82
28-12-16, 14:49
Hello, I'm new here. Abit about me, I've probably struggled with anxiety and depression all my life, sometimes coped better than other times. A few years back I had GAD really bad and panic attacks which where terrible. I was prescribed sertaline, which did help and came off them about a year later and I've been coping fine but then around August this year the anxiety showed its ugly head again and made me feel really poorly plus started to get a low mood too. The doctor prescribed me again sertaline but this time I was so scarred to take it, looking at the side affects made me feel worse so I researched online and brought magnesium, vit d supplements. L-Theanine and then tried St. John's wort which I do believe helped a little bit but I was only on them 11 days and because I'd told the doctor I'd had a couple of bad nights she told me to come off them and start taking sertaline, which I did on Monday. I told half of the 50mg so 25mg, been on them 3 days and my anxiety has increased which was what I was scared about, she told me to up it to 50mg no longer than a week on 25mg and I'm seeing her next Friday. I'm just so scarred if the feelings will get worse, I have 2 small children and hate that I'm feeling like this. Id like to be able to talk to someone who is going through the same thing. I've been going on here for months now but this is the first time I've written anything, sorry it's so long!!
Thanks for taking the time to read

mikeyb6901
28-12-16, 17:43
You are definitely in the right place :) I am kind of in the same boat at the moment. I have been off meds for about a month & I'm tired of the good days/bad days. I've been thinking of talking to my pdoc about getting back on something. I have 3 kids & I know they are aware that something is going on & the hurts like hell. I try to hide it the best I can but some times it's obvious & I can't help it. Something needs to change quickly though. Hang in there. Something will work out soon, you're on the right track.

Tweetiepie82
28-12-16, 19:07
Thanks for replying mikeyb6901 it's good to speak to someone who understands. It's a horrible illness and wish I could just get better especially for my children. My eldest definitely knows somethings up as she always asks if I'm ok. I try and hide it too but it's so difficult. I just hope the side effects don't get worse or last that long but I'm going to keep taking them and hope for the best. Hope your doing ok?? Do you have much support? What meds have you taken?