PDA

View Full Version : Hi - 26 year old with severe social phobia, panic attacks/agoraphobia and depression

sparks
28-12-16, 18:48
Hi everyone :)

I'll keep it short so I don't bore myself and everyone else.

I'm really scared and alone with all this. I've dealt with most of this stuff for nearly half of my life & I'm totally isolated, unable to work, can only go outside to about 3 places. I feel like my whole life has been messed up almost beyond repair, I think I still just about have my head above water and a chance to turn things around, but I need much more help and more options than I do now. I've only recently realised just how little people will or even can understand just how ill I am or how much I struggle, even after many years of being completely debilitated. This includes mental health workers -- there is misunderstanding after misunderstanding and I think I can attribute this problem to my lack of progress. I know that I have nothing to lose, so am reaching out online as much as I can.

I'm also pushing to get tested for AS, as I'm starting to feel more and more that this could be the root of all my problems.

Getting out of the well of loneliness and making new connections is my first goal. So hi - and I hope my posts will get gradually less miserable from now on. :)

L

venusbluejeans
28-12-16, 18:54
Hiya sparks and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sparks
28-12-16, 18:58
Thanks for the welcome. :)