PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum... Seriously need help.. Losing hope

TheQueenKoopa
29-12-16, 03:24
Hello all, firstly ill start off with saying thank you for reading my post. Im a 25 year old female with what ive seemed to figure is health anxiety or some type of anxiety.

Every day of my life i almost constantly worry that i am just going to drop dead or i have some serious underlying health issues that the doctor isnt catching. Ive been to the ER about 6 times in the last 2 months for shortness of breath, heart palpitations, lighy headed dizziness and abdominal pain.

Ive had many many other ER visits due to anxiety but i will focus on the recent ones. One of my visits they diagnosed me with pelvic inflamatory disorder , so they gave me a large dose of doxycycline, some kind of shot in my leg, anti nausea medicine and a yeast infection pill. They then sent me home with a perscription of doxy for 10 days and flagyl for 7 days. I completed all the pills except one flagyl and a few of the doxy.

I went back to the ER again over an anxiety attack. And everything cleared except a strep infection found in my urine, which they gave me amoxicillin for. I took the amoxicillin for like 3 days then stopped taking it... They at this time prescribed me a small amount of ativan to take as needed for anxiety . they are 1mg pills

So when i start to feel anxious i break the pill in half and take .5 and normally it helps...

Recently i caught what i think was a bad cold or a flu or something ... I went to work sick and when i stood up from going to the bathroom at work i felt super dizzy and like i was goimg to pass out so i ran over to my coworker and she helped me to the ER. I had been having some flank pain off and on for the last few weeks so i told them about that. The pain kind of like starts near my kidney and climbs up my side. Sometimes randomly the pain will be really sharp up my side and make me double over just for a few seconds. I also get this shooting pain up the center of my stomach into my sternum area and undermy left rib and left side.

They tested my urine at the ER and said it was all clear except a small amount of protein in my urine, they said it was fine. They ran blood tests, everything fine. Said my heart was fine. And then did a cat scan to find out i have something called hydrosalpinx, basically its fluid trapped in my fallopian tubes. The doctor said its nothing to worry about and it will go away on its own and to. Check back with the gyno in a week. He said my side pains and etc were not related and they could be muscolskeletal or whatever its called...

Well today is the day after the hydrosalpinx diagnosis and i feel extremely dizzy, dont feel like myself, when i stand up i feel very light headedand dizzy, loss of appetite and my heart rate goes up when im standing and generally just feeling a lot weaker than usual ... Still accompanied by the random sharp pains and now starting to notice the extra pain in my ovary area.

Is all this light headed, diziness, weakness and allthe sharp pains and everything else because of anxiety or whats going on ... I literally am in fear for my life everyday, i constantly feel like i am going to just drop dead... The doctors keep telling me im fine but where is all this pain and weakness diziness and etc coming from ?

Thank you so much for any advice. ..

Iker20
29-12-16, 07:06
Well at least you are admitting there is a problem and you know you have health anxiety deep down which is the first step, have you thought about getting cognitive behavorial therapy? Its the best treatment for HA, normally I would reassure you too about your symptoms but you are all over the place, I think you are 100% sure you are completely healthy deep down but the anxiety is making you think irrationaly, your next step should be getting therapy

Sam Winter
29-12-16, 07:33
Hi there x.
I recently started CBT and it is great! I'd recommend it, like Iker said its great that you admit you have HA because that is the first to recovery x

Dave1
30-12-16, 00:11
but where is all this pain and weakness dizziness and etc coming from ?

It could be feedback loops: The first thing that happens is you worry about something or other and that worry causes an anxiety-related symptom (like dizziness). Then you start to worry about the dizziness itself. In turn, that worry causes more dizziness. Then you worry more because your dizziness has got worse, etc, etc...

I've read you are meant to slow your breathing to break out of these loops.

FamilyMan
30-12-16, 00:40
Firstly... :welcome:

The doctors keep telling me im fine but where is all this pain and weakness diziness and etc coming from ?

A panic attack leaves me exhausted and weak for a few days, like with a virus of some sort. All I want to do is sleep. Before I knew it was anxiety, I'd endlessly worry about the symptoms and it was common that in those few days I'd have another panic attack, so the period of weakness and exhaustion never seemed to end. Being diagnosed was a weight off my shoulders and a few months on anti-anxiety medication has done wonders.

There is hope, even if you can't always see it.