PDA

View Full Version : Xmas pressie driving me nuts!

meche
29-12-16, 11:38
I haven't been on here for a long time because my anxiety levels have been really low & if they have surfaced I've coped, kept myself busy & it passes (eventually). Life is generally good. SO..... for Christmas my other half decided to buy me a Fitbit. A watch that monitors your daily health, sleep patterns, steps walked, exercise....... & heartrate!!! OMG! Within a few days I have become obsessed with my heartrate and how much it fluctuates. My resting rate ranges from normal to above average. My moving about rate is quite high & I'm constantly having to slow down to bring it back to a normal range. It's got the point where I feel constantly nervous wearing it which is making my BPM go through the roof!! I've taken the bloody thing off today!! You can adjust it so the BPM monitor isn't visible... think I'll be doing that :wacko::wacko::wacko:! Now to bring my anxiety levels back down :wacko:!! xx

SLA
29-12-16, 11:43
Can you tell me a heart-rate that you'd consider not normal?

You don't have to use it by the way!

meche
29-12-16, 11:54
Well that's partially the mistake I've made. I've read up a bit about BPM & normal ranges and it seems to vary. It's something I've never been worried or even thought about before so I don't know what normal is. I've worn it to bed for the past 2 nights and the low & high was 59-68. When I went for a steady walk yesterday it went up to 110-120 then when I was at the cinema it didn't get below 92 bpm but by this time I was quite nervous about it anyway. Today it seems a steady 74-88 & that's with walking about at home & sitting down.

I have to admit that since taking it off I have felt less nervous. I love it for step counting because I aim to walk 10-15k in steps every day.

pulisa
29-12-16, 13:25
Can you just use it for step counting and deactivate all the other nonsense?

SLA
29-12-16, 13:39
I've also studied heart-rate as part of my cycling training.

The real answer is there isn't a heart-rate which isn't normal, except something extremely high or low like 200+ or <20.

It depends on what you are doing, and that is the point of the fit-bit.

Over a 2 hour cycle, my average heart-rate is 145. :D

145 for two hours. Most people on here would go WTF?, but it is all about context.