PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawl symptoms from Xanax? rggg..

panicface
29-12-16, 15:03
So i've been using xanax off and on for 20 years. Mostly just 0.25 for a flight or panic attack. Maybe 10 days a year in total.

Recently went through some rather severe trauma and ended up taking between 0.25 and 0.75 a day for around 2 - 3 months straight.

Most every day was 0.25 at night. half those days were two doses of 0.25 and a few were 0.75 all-in (towards the end.. one in morning, one around 7pm, one around 1am)

Now I want to come off it - so I'm kicking back to just one dose of 0.25mg at 10pm each night for a week, the plan was to then cut that in half to 0.12 for a week and come off.

However i'm on my 4th day of 0.25 and getting massive headaches (which i never get) feels like eyes are swollen, and very irritated / annoyed. feels like a i have the flu / dizzy when i stand up.

Even when I take my nightly dose of 0.25 it doesn't really go away.

Does this sound like withdrawal symptoms?

I've been taking my magnesium daily as well.. .

On the good side - noticed the my typos have gotten a lot better in the last few days, and memory is better. I'm just shocked that so little Xanax could get your body hooked?

Thanks.

Ethansmom
01-01-17, 14:58
I'm also taking Xanax daily ( low dose, sometimes .25 or .5 if I spiral) . It's been about two months on and off, but mostly on
Yesterday I skipped the Xanax and worked through my anxiety without taking it. I was having stabbing pains in my head. It might be withdrawal but it should go away. How are you feeling today?

panicface
01-01-17, 18:35
was supposed to come down to half a .25 today but last night had a bad night - spent 90min breathing and meditating trying to get HR down on own, but finally gave in and had a second 0.25.. first time in over a week.

it was started by the stabbing head pains (like you describe). today back to 0.25 a night around 10pm and seems to be fine as long as i fall asleep before 3am .

head pains gone tonight.

Ethansmom
02-01-17, 04:04
OK
Keep me posted!