PDA

View Full Version : Please help me - so many symptoms and I am so scared

megant19
29-12-16, 16:01
I have been having abdominal pain, all over, upper, mostly lower and what feels like pelvic pain. I am also having lower back pain and right thigh pain. The back pain is worse when sitting, the leg pain only once in awhile when standing or walking. I do have IBS, and am trying desperately to relax and attribute the symptoms to that.

Then - a few days ago I found a lump in my groin, near where my underwear line is on the crease between pelvic area and leg. It is hard, painless, does seem to move a bit. I can feel a long ligament on the other side, but just this lump on the left. I am so terrified I have some sort of ovarian, abdominal, colon cancer. I am literally feeling like my life is over.

Has anyone had anything like this, and can help me calm down? I am a 36 year old woman, overweight with no history of cancer. I feel like this is it.

LF87
29-12-16, 16:12
Hi,
I had a groin lump and totally freaked out as well. Went to the doctors thinking all sorts, turned out to be a blocked hair follicle! Don't worry about it, it could be a number of things. We have lymph nodes around that area too so maybe it's a slightly swollen one due to infection? Even a little cold or cough can set them off.
Try not to worry. Easier said than done I know. Xx