PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety goes in cycles for me

unsure_about_this
29-12-16, 19:23
Mainly for me it is

teeth, how my teeth look, okay I had work done of my teeth in the past, so worry how my fillings are looking all the time. how there look when first put in.

I am unhappy with how my teeth look sometimes, I know it important to get any problems fixed which I why I do go to the dentist. and have been dragged there by my parents even though I am in 30s I am just afraid of hurtful comments by the dentist, being judge, and losing my teeth.

I prefer to have implants if needed, and maybe replace one or two fillings I dont like with white fillings if possible.

testicles with worried about cancer (but cannot feel any lumps hard) down there

and my poop

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

i am getting some help hopefully next year with my HA

Sixpack
29-12-16, 21:59
I can't help you with testicles or poop :winks: But teeth. I always was embarrassed by my teeth. When I was a youngster, my parents said they couldn't afford braces. Plus my mom had terrible periodontal disease at a young age that was never treated so she ended up toothless by her 40's. That was always a demon in my head. So I was stuck for a while. When I had kids, ALL got them young 11-13. Their smiles are beautiful. Then last year my dentist told me due to my bad bite and my clenching teeth, I had slightly loosened one tooth. Things would only get worse. So I finally bit the bullet and got Invisalign. It has been 15 months and there has been such great progress. I still have a ways to go though. I am happy I did it. Only 7 more payments too, lol

I don't know why you think your teeth are going to fall out??? is there a legit reason for that concern? Regarding getting white fillings my present dentist replaced all of my silver fillings over time. I think I have had all replaced by 3 or 4 years ago. My dentist basically waited until the silver ones were cracked or ratty, then we scheduled to get those taken care of. Personally silver ones never bugged me but white ones are a bit nicer.

So I guess this ramble is just to say, deal with teeth issues but don't borrow trouble if there is none.

Mochi
29-12-16, 21:59
I am having an anxious moment right now. Just popped up out of the blue today. Just breath and distract yourself. "This too shall pass" is my mantra....

Good that you are seeking help!

M

unsure_about_this
30-12-16, 09:22
I don't know why you think your teeth are going to fall out??? .

thank for your reply

I think because my Dad his parents never took him or his brothers to the dentist when he was a child, plus getting whack with a cricket ball/bat when he was in his teens, he also said something falling off a wall.

I just got difficult mouth to keep clean, cross bite/overbite, braces did not work for me removable braces so i could clean them. she says my gum pockets are all between 2-3mm which i think is okay

I go every three months to dentist for checkups which does worry me, but my dentist prefers me to go this amount of time, not because my hygine is poor. just makes cleaning easier at the dentist (I dont smoke or drink booze)

Sixpack
30-12-16, 12:25
None of the things that happened to your dad have anything to do with your teeth. Nothing. The only thing working against you, like me, is bite and crowding. That can be fixed though.

If Invisalign type bracing didn't work for you (doing well for me and my mouth was a mess as far as crowding and cross bite and bite issues) then do the metal braces. As my orthodontist told me, "teeth are stupid. You push them and they move". However, regarding Invisalign type bracing----- always best to go through an experienced orthodontist not your regular ole dentist. Orthos have much better knowledge. This is with me going to go with my regular dentist, at first. However once it was determined my case was complicated, my dentist told me to go to ortho and not go through her. PLUS Invisalign requires a great deal of commitment on the part of the user. :). Additionally, Invisalign has made GREAT progress in how it moves teeth in the last 5-10 years. It can now do a great deal more than when it first came out. I even had to have a tooth pulled to make room on my bottom front teeth. The gap is now closed. No one would know I had a tooth removed. I will also caution you not to use thos fly by night mail in order type invisible bracing. Those companies are not going to be beneficial. Just a money grab from my research.

Pockets from 0-3mm are normal. 4mm is the beginning of gingivitis.

So it does sound to me like you are looking for trouble when there is none. Typical of HA peeps. ;)

unsure_about_this
30-12-16, 18:43
i seem to be fixed on bowel cancer, testicle cancer and brain tumours and my teeth and oral cancer.

I need to stop looking at my poop and think logically about why my poop comes in bits and some one big bit, I always jump to cancer (it is always brown) never black

I worried about bowel cancer, I had the camera up my backside in 2013. this was a sigmoidoscopy and no polyps were found, just a posssibly which is normal non cancerous a pouch which is pretty common and I could have had there since birth. I think I stress a lot which is why my bowel movements are like this.

At 33 I worry a lot, I been like this for 5 years, had CBT but did not work, trying therapy next year

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

Also dont be cross with me about my HA

I also worried about my heart with worrying about heart attacks (but would know if I had this problem) my blood pressure is fine, my weight is okay (probably a little bit underweight for my bmi) etc, I am scared about my heart,

Sixpack
31-12-16, 12:24
. Also dont be cross with me about my HA

When was I "cross" with you?????

unsure_about_this
31-12-16, 13:18
No you were not cross with me

I just worry myself too much, other forums members as well as you may be cross with me about me ranting health worries too much

Gary A
31-12-16, 16:41
No you were not cross with me

I just worry myself too much, other forums members as well as you may be cross with me about me ranting health worries too much

It's not "being cross", it's just frustration at you asking a question, getting reassurance, ignoring said reassurance and then simply continuing with another endless list of things that concern you.