PDA

View Full Version : Still Looking for new Friends in Staffordhire

Bigboyuk
30-12-16, 12:01
Hi Every one I am still looking for meet ups in Staffs and perhaps get a group set up doesn't matter what you are struggling with so long as we can help each other!! Have a great new year :) Cheers

Bigboyuk
05-01-17, 11:43
There's some nice cafes in Newcastle and if we can get enough people interested there are halls or small rooms like Unitarian House that could be approached on supplying a room once a week for such a group Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Iam wanting to recover this year and what a ideal way to do this, and like I say it doesn't matter what any one is suffering from specifically either it would be great just to talk to other people and any day of the week is fine too :) Thank you!

Bigboyuk
06-01-17, 12:09
Anyone up for a meet then? Cheers :)

Bigboyuk
22-01-17, 13:33
Ok New year folks new beginings :) So widening the net so to speak. so it doesn't have to be exclusively members from staffs looking for meets any where if members can travel ok and any one can do it too :) so would love to meet with fellow NMP members who want to make changes to their life! Just post here and we will get something organised CHeers

Bigboyuk
10-02-17, 09:49
Still looking and any area just outside of staffordhshire will be fine Cheers

nic77
11-02-17, 09:22
Hi I'm in Milton Keynes so might be a bit far . Not great with distances but how far is Staffordshire from Buckinghamshire ?

Bigboyuk
11-02-17, 11:51
Hi I'm in Milton Keynes so might be a bit far . Not great with distances but how far is Staffordshire from Buckinghamshire ? Hi nichola ahh I have just checked it's just over a 2 drive around 121 miles :)

nic77
11-02-17, 11:55
maybe people could meet up in the middle somewhere . Peterborough isn't far for me to drive would that be halfway ?

Bigboyuk
11-02-17, 12:35
maybe people could meet up in the middle somewhere . Peterborough isn't far for me to drive would that be halfway ? Hi Not quite half way it's still 2hrs from staffs to Peterborough and from Peterborough to Buckinghamshire about 1 hr 30 so getting closer and can travel some distance for a deffinate meet though :) Thanks for your replies!!

nic77
11-02-17, 14:23
Hi Not quite half way it's still 2hrs from staffs to Peterborough and from Peterborough to Buckinghamshire about 1 hr 30 so getting closer and can travel some distance for a deffinate meet though :) Thanks for your replies!!

Ok where would you be thinking and when ?

Bigboyuk
11-02-17, 14:26
Ok where would you be thinking and when ? I will do some looking at places first and most week ends would be fine as I work in the week would be good to get more members on board too so great and thank you :)

nic77
11-02-17, 15:18
I agree. I also work during the week but have the school holidays off so weekends would be better for me too

Bigboyuk
11-02-17, 16:07
I agree. I also work during the week but have the school holidays off so weekends would be better for me too How would you be traveling your own transport or public transport? I can do both but obviously I would use my own as it can be less stressful. I will look in to some half way towns/cities then go from there :) Cheers and any one else who would like a meet up then post here Cheers

nic77
15-02-17, 18:33
I'd be travelling by car or maybe even train . Depends on costs really ..

Bigboyuk
15-02-17, 21:48
I'd be travelling by car or maybe even train . Depends on costs really .. Which ever is easiest for you :)

nic77
16-02-17, 00:02
Train might be easier just need a date that everyone can do it

Bigboyuk
16-02-17, 10:17
Train might be easier just need a date that everyone can do it Ok and may I say you are making a huge effort so thank you, just hope others will see this thread and reply :) I want to get better and need to get better so folks please lets get this meet up going thank you :)

Aurelius
16-02-17, 10:38
Put me down as a probably. I'd be driving from Manchester, but it would depend on the date really as I don't get a lot of free time at the moment

Bigboyuk
16-02-17, 10:47
Put me down as a probably. I'd be driving from Manchester, but it would depend on the date really as I don't get a lot of free time at the moment Ok that's good and remember our conversation via pm too so working on that too :) Thank you

nic77
17-02-17, 17:58
I was thinking it would be nice to meet up when the weather does get a bit warmer . What do you both think ?

Bigboyuk
17-02-17, 19:28
I was thinking it would be nice to meet up when the weather does get a bit warmer . What do you both think ? Yes iam fine with that and again a few more members tagging along too would be great :yesyes:

nic77
18-02-17, 06:30
Yes this true . I asked in chat if anyone wanted to meet up and a few where interested if we put a post up of date and place we could maybe people will have more interest

Bigboyuk
18-02-17, 10:11
Yes this true . I asked in chat if anyone wanted to meet up and a few where interested if we put a post up of date and place we could maybe people will have more interest Ok thanks for that. I actually wasn't going to widen the area as such at first purely for those who are interested might be traveling a lot farther to a meet up So need a rough idea where some members might be travelling from to a meet? Once we know that, we can think of some where that is roughly the same distance from each other! Obviously no one wants to travel 300 miles ( And I don't have a problem with traveling but even that's a bit excessive and a Eg only :) Cheers

nic77
19-02-17, 14:40
I agree well we could try again with another post saying meet up soon and suggest a place maybe in the middle ..

Bigboyuk
19-02-17, 16:43
I agree well we could try again with another post saying meet up soon and suggest a place maybe in the middle .. Ok that sounds good thanks :)

fergie752uk
11-04-17, 19:51
Hi. I'm in Stafford and would like to meet.

Bigboyuk
11-04-17, 20:19
Hi. I'm in Stafford and would like to meet. Ok so can you travel to stoke? thanks!

fergie752uk
12-04-17, 09:39
I could.

Bigboyuk
12-04-17, 16:04
I could. Ok sounds fine to me A café or pub or what ever you feel ok with is fine too :) Thanks!!

Bigboyuk
23-04-17, 11:37
So lets arrange something for a in a few weeks time if that's ok and any more interested would be good too Thanks :)

Bigboyuk
29-04-17, 14:48
Ahh Ok lets try again If any one is fed up of staying in day after day (like me) and wants to start recovering like I do just a meet up in café over a coffee and chat would be great you don't even have to come from stoke either doesn't matter! And if we get enough interested then maybe a regular meet would be good I know it will help me back on track and think it would help a lot of others too :) Thanks for reading. Cheers

Bigboyuk
01-05-17, 20:49
HI All the better weather is coming and would like to extend a warm welcome to any for a meet in my home town theres nice cafes and bars too come on folks let's get a meet up on the go :) It will help your recovery as much as it will mine :) Cheers

Bigboyuk
04-05-17, 12:47
Anyone??

Catherine S
04-05-17, 14:08
Hi Dave, there might not be that many members actually living in Staffordshire, and maybe not many people would want to travel from other places around the UK...alot of people with anxiety don't like driving on motorways or catching trains etc, if it means leaving the safety of their own home town perhaps. I told you about the meetings in Liverpool, but I think you said it was too far from Stoke? Anyway, this could be the same reason for folk who don't live too near to Stoke. I think you may be flogging a dead pony here to be honest. Just my thoughts on it matey.

Cath ☺

Bigboyuk
04-05-17, 19:08
Hi Dave, there might not be that many members actually living in Staffordshire, and maybe not many people would want to travel from other places around the UK...alot of people with anxiety don't like driving on motorways or catching trains etc, if it means leaving the safety of their own home town perhaps. I told you about the meetings in Liverpool, but I think you said it was too far from Stoke? Anyway, this could be the same reason for folk who don't live too near to Stoke. I think you may be flogging a dead pony here to be honest. Just my thoughts on it matey.

Cath ☺ Hi ISB Well staffs is quite a big county! There's probably more than you realise, Sure illnesses can held people back, but sometimes one has to make a effort which and actually help their recovery just as much as it would for me. I have had some terrible knock backs some this last year and one still gets to me from time to time And they did make the effort and was 40 miles away in fact we both made the effort :) And some this year too.
And yet I still carry on but it's tiring me out some what, light at the end of the tunnel still see it but unless I get the light it's gonna go out :eek: Not asking for a lot just a few meets :) ISB Thanks Cheers

ServerError
05-05-17, 09:31
Obviously trying to make changes in your life to improve your mental health is a good thing and shows that you appreciate that change has to come from within.

However, I do wonder if you're attaching too much hope to something developing via this site. It's a shame, but being perceived as too keen can be off-putting. Meet-ups do happen, but rarely. I wonder if you might be better casting your net more widely and being prepared to travel away from Stoke. I think there's a group in Liverpool, is there not?

Catherine S
05-05-17, 09:57
Server, the Liverpool meets have already been mentioned and discussed in this thread, so Bboy is aware of it.

ISB ☺

Bigboyuk
05-05-17, 10:58
Obviously trying to make changes in your life to improve your mental health is a good thing and shows that you appreciate that change has to come from within.

However, I do wonder if you're attaching too much hope to something developing via this site. It's a shame, but being perceived as too keen can be off-putting. Meet-ups do happen, but rarely. I wonder if you might be better casting your net more widely and being prepared to travel away from Stoke. I think there's a group in Liverpool, is there not? Thanks it's when you don't know or don't want improvement then that's sad. It is a shame though I can only presume every one on here is happy and content (but I doubt this very much) There is a group which I already know about (Liverpool) and there is a possabilty that I will go. I have cast the net further a field too but the sea is empty! I do look back on the old meet up threads so much enthusisum you can see it in the messages the excitement bah. Thanks again ServerError :) Cheers

thevoicewithinme
10-05-17, 11:01
Hi, I have just reactivated my membership on here today. I am in Stoke, but, at the moment can't go far without anyone with me....but maybe in the future can arrange a meet, as I am sick to death of my own company

Bigboyuk
10-05-17, 11:06
Hi, I have just reactivated my membership on here today. I am in Stoke, but, at the moment can't go far without anyone with me....but maybe in the future can arrange a meet, as I am sick to death of my own company Hi and welcome back :) well Stoke is easy enough to get too I only live in 'castle as they say! Let me know when you feel you are strong enough to do this :) Cheers

thevoicewithinme
10-05-17, 11:09
I shall do. Don't give up on me because I will beat this, I have done before and it's not going to get the better of me.

Bigboyuk
10-05-17, 11:14
[QUOTE=thevoicewithinme;1676892]I shall do. Don't give up on me because I will beat this, I have done before and it's not going to get the better of me.[/QUOTE I wont give up on you I know it's difficult. while I don't have a problem as such meeting new people I have recently started to get anxious like wether they will turn up, will they get on with me etc, I never used to think like that, so guess It's a new condition, but easily got over I think :) Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
10-05-17, 11:19
Changes is your best bet, Dave. This forum is tiny and if you put everyone on a map, it would be even more so.

If you look at the where is everyone from thread, only a few of us were from Staffs. That's an old thread but it's a useful snapshot. Some of those members are gone now too.

Don't let the lack of locals feed your negative thoughts.

thevoicewithinme
10-05-17, 11:23
Changes is a good place to go!!! I went there when I was recovering last time.....great people and great support.

:)

Bigboyuk
10-05-17, 11:48
Changes is a good place to go!!! I went there when I was recovering last time.....great people and great support.

:) I already go to the stoke meeting on a Thursday have been going for a few months now, are you thinking of going back sometime too? :) Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

Changes is your best bet, Dave. This forum is tiny and if you put everyone on a map, it would be even more so.

If you look at the where is everyone from thread, only a few of us were from Staffs. That's an old thread but it's a useful snapshot. Some of those members are gone now too.

Don't let the lack of locals feed your negative thoughts. I know Terry, I started this thread :) If new posts get added like this returning member has just done and they said, don't give up on me (meaning them) I am going to follow it up and there is nothing wrong with that:) Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

I Will also add Changes Radio is going to be on air soon, as in last weeks meeting the coordinator was going to a meeting at the stoke HQ about this and is going to let every one in tomorrows meeting know about it, so exciting times await us all :) Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
10-05-17, 12:31

:)

Me too. I went for about a year. Whilst I wasn't really into the socials I often ran into a few members in the nearby town and had a good chat with them.

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

I already go to the stoke meeting on a Thursday have been going for a few months now, are you thinking of going back sometime too? :) Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

I know Terry, I started this thread :) If new posts get added like this returning member has just done and they said, don't give up on me (meaning them) I am going to follow it up and there is nothing wrong with that:) Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

I Will also add Changes Radio is going to be on air soon, as in last weeks meeting the coordinator was going to a meeting at the stoke HQ about this and is going to let every one in tomorrows meeting know about it, so exciting times await us all :) Cheers

Yep, nothing wrong with that. I just feel concern that lack of responses upsets you and you are very limited from the start in this forum.

The radio will be interesting. It will be a significant step in raising their profile in the region. It may even attract some local politicians and boost it further?

Bigboyuk
10-05-17, 12:43
Me too. I went for about a year. Whilst I wasn't really into the socials I often ran into a few members in the nearby town and had a good chat with them.

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

Yep, nothing wrong with that. I just feel concern that lack of responses upsets you and you are very limited from the start in this forum.

The radio will be interesting. It will be a significant step in raising their profile in the region. It may even attract some local politicians and boost it further? Well thank you for your concern Terry :)_ Sure it does upset me especially as I have put a lot time in to this :) Lets hope this returning member does eventually meet! As for Changes Radio the unique thing about it is, it's not going to be just local it's going to be 'global' so no need for a VPN to set up I know there is a member from here in Germany who wants to listen to Changes Radio will they be able to Yes is the answer:shades: Cheers

Catherine S
10-05-17, 12:48
Yes that's me :byebye: looking forward to it Dave.

Cath

thevoicewithinme
10-05-17, 19:01
Yes, I am thinking of going back to Changes. I really don't want to get back to where I was a few years ago. My biggest problem is I am very isolated, I only have two true friends, but one lives in Liverpool and the other in Nantwich so not exactly local. Others who I thought were friends have drifted away when I kept making excuses not to go out on runs etc (bikers) and made fun of me because I became obsessive on housework and so forth.
I know there used to be a changes meeting in my area on a Thursday evening, but not sure if it's still held there or not. I will have to find out

Bigboyuk
10-05-17, 19:18
Yes, I am thinking of going back to Changes. I really don't want to get back to where I was a few years ago. My biggest problem is I am very isolated, I only have two true friends, but one lives in Liverpool and the other in Nantwich so not exactly local. Others who I thought were friends have drifted away when I kept making excuses not to go out on runs etc (bikers) and made fun of me because I became obsessive on housework and so forth.
I know there used to be a changes meeting in my area on a Thursday evening, but not sure if it's still held there or not. I will have to find out That will be good! No point hitting rock bottom again and then decide to go back, There is Thursday and Frdiay Peer Support Group in Stoke but not at the office. It's Trentvale Can you get there in the afternoons Thursday 1pm till 3pm and Friday 1:30 - 3:30 Pm if you can only stay for the first part as you have other commitments they don't mind you leaving. It's a friendly group and the numbers vary from one week to the next

I would say 2 min and up to 8 :) It would be great to see you there and as you know the support is great. Yes Iam very isolated too you have I more friend than me even though they are not local sadly and I have some online friends too not quite the same but one is really good and we are 'there' for each other and just chill out with messages and is understanding and caring too :)
My local friend is just the same and he calls round and we chat and chill put the world to right lol and it's good but Very isolated still yes! So will be at Trentvale tomorrow after noon's meeting, can let you know via a pm the address. Let me know Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
11-05-17, 01:42
I know there used to be a changes meeting in my area on a Thursday evening, but not sure if it's still held there or not. I will have to find out

You can check out the meets on this page on their website:

http://www.changes.org.uk/html/mental_health_meetings.html

thevoicewithinme
11-05-17, 08:24
Sadly I can't get to the meeting in Trentvale, as at the moment I can't travel that far on my own....sad I know but hey that's me. I looked at the list of other meetings but the one in my area is finishing at end of April and then moving to Stoke itself :weep: I apologise, I just realised that April is gone and it's now May so hence my edit. Sorry my head is all over the place since losing my Mum and her funeral only being last Thursday

Bigboyuk
11-05-17, 09:08
Sadly I can't get to the meeting in Trentvale, as at the moment I can't travel that far on my own....sad I know but hey that's me. I looked at the list of other meetings but the one in my area is finishing at end of April and then moving to Stoke itself :weep: I apologise, I just realised that April is gone and it's now May so hence my edit. Sorry my head is all over the place since losing my Mum and her funeral only being last Thursday It ok, I understand and there is nothing to apologise for :) Iam sorry to hear of your loss of your mum, it's never easy when you lose someone close to you! Hang on in there and we are all here for you to listen and to support you:hugs: Cheers

thevoicewithinme
11-05-17, 11:16
Thank you :)

MyNameIsTerry
11-05-17, 14:17
Sadly I can't get to the meeting in Trentvale, as at the moment I can't travel that far on my own....sad I know but hey that's me. I looked at the list of other meetings but the one in my area is finishing at end of April and then moving to Stoke itself :weep: I apologise, I just realised that April is gone and it's now May so hence my edit. Sorry my head is all over the place since losing my Mum and her funeral only being last Thursday

Yes, I noticed that and thought it was daft as it really just creates a new session for those who go to the Stoke meets. :shrug:

You've got support on here so perhaps you can work towards getting to the meetings at a later date?

Bigboyuk
11-05-17, 14:24
Yes, I noticed that and thought it was daft as it really just creates a new session for those who go to the Stoke meets. :shrug:

You've got support on here so perhaps you can work towards getting to the meetings at a later date? Not ideal really! I would be willing to meet thevoicewithinme at the Trent Vale meeting when they feel ready to go and be nice too see you Terry at a meeting sometime too!! :)Cheers

thevoicewithinme
11-05-17, 20:09

You've got support on here so perhaps you can work towards getting to the meetings at a later date?

Yes, I do hope to get to a meeting and hopefully not too far in the distant future :)

Kaz

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

Not ideal really! I would be willing to meet thevoicewithinme at the Trent Vale meeting when they feel ready to go and be nice too see you Terry at a meeting sometime too!! :)Cheers

That would be ace....might make me feel a little more at ease with walking into a room full of strangers

Kaz

Bigboyuk
11-05-17, 22:06
Yes, I do hope to get to a meeting and hopefully not too far in the distant future :)

Kaz

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

That would be ace....might make me feel a little more at ease with walking into a room full of strangers

Kaz I would be happy to help:), in the meantime as Iam not far from stoke we could have a coffee in stoke if you are ok with that!! Cheers

Little Voice
27-06-17, 19:45
I live in Tamworth and drive/am fine with trains. It's classed as South Staffordshire but I regularly go to Stafford and I have driven to Telford a few times. I'm happy to be part of a meet up as I don't get to meet many people like me.

Bigboyuk
28-06-17, 10:11
I live in Tamworth and drive/am fine with trains. It's classed as South Staffordshire but I regularly go to Stafford and I have driven to Telford a few times. I'm happy to be part of a meet up as I don't get to meet many people like me. Ok I actually just work outside of Stafford so ideal for me too, I don't get to meet many folk either I have sent a pm too. and any one else can come too Need to recover now :) Thanks :)