PDA

View Full Version : Worst symptom

Jacqueline7
30-12-16, 17:39
Of all the joyous symptoms involved in our anxiety what is by far the worst if u had to choose just one to eradicate right now xxxx

Mine xx aside from the lot of them ??

Agitation

Jackie

Next xx

shiznit76
30-12-16, 17:55
Despondency

Buster70
30-12-16, 18:11
It seems unfair to pick out just one as my least favourite as there are so many shitty ones I'd like to send to room 101 , I'll go with dodgy shallow breathing , pretty important to my daily life is breathing. Although there are a lot of close seconds .

Jacqueline7
30-12-16, 18:39
Ok greedy u can have one more n tell it to clear off

Jackie

Buster70
30-12-16, 19:18
Derealization second worst and hardest to spell probably why most would say DR / DP , if I go down the list I've had pretty much every one except the ones that require me having lady bits , do I win a prize ? , it realy is a full time job being a nut case but I work hard at it . :D

Jacqueline7
30-12-16, 20:03
U win a hi five for doing your utmost to outdo the rest of us in the loony stakes xx

How do u handle the really fun adrenaline flushes that leave me looking round to see if a bear just ruffled me up n spat me out

Jackie

Benisfked123
30-12-16, 20:15
Derealization and inside chest pains (sometimes they scare me) , butcher got 2 so thought I'd get 2 x

Jacqueline7
30-12-16, 20:48
Explain derealisation to me I gotta get me some of that.

Seriously though explain it to me is it so hard

Jackie

Buster70
30-12-16, 21:36
Hi , just deal with it as if a real bear was behind you , run away , hide and hope no one noticed what was going on , works for me , dr if you haven't had it you are not missing out , trigger warning !! It's like being dropped on a different planet nothing seems familiar , if I get it while I'm driving it's like I've slipped into the back seat and I'm just watching somone else driving , probably good I'm
Not a bus driver , never won a high five before , there are some could beat me hands down . :D

ana
30-12-16, 21:59
DEFINITELY depersonalisation/derealisation!

Lissa101
30-12-16, 22:21
DP/DR for sure. It's just so frickin weird.

scorpionwhispers
01-01-17, 23:00
Depersonalisation/derealisation, but the fear of going crazy as well

GlassPinata
01-01-17, 23:08
I wish I never had to look at or touch my body again.
Every time I see it or feel it, there is some new, terrifying symptom (I should add that I'm 44, and have never had a serious health problem, to date, in my entire life).
It has been years since I touched my breasts, because i am so scared of finding a lump. Even in the shower, i wash them with a scrubby sponge and don't touch them. I will never know if I have breast cancer unless somebody ELSE finds a lump (unlikely, since I do not have a boyfriend, and I also do not have health insurance, hence no access to health care at the moment), or unless my boob rots off.

What I dislike most about health anxiety is the cowardliness of it. Why can't I be brave, face my body like a normal person, and accept it whether it is sick or well? It is not my enemy. It is the home I must live in, for as long as I am on this earth.
But i can't, I am afraid of it, and that is what I would change. The fear.

Jacqueline7
02-01-17, 05:41
Oh god I know. If we didn't fear what's going on inside of us the symptoms would lessen but how to not fear so many scary symptoms or just the adrenaline warning u of a danger that isn't bloody visible

I'm with u on the fear it's what drains me so badly

Jackie

NoraB
02-01-17, 07:15
What I dislike most about health anxiety is the cowardliness of it. Why can't I be brave, face my body like a normal person, and accept it whether it is sick or well? It is not my enemy. It is the home I must live in, for as long as I am on this earth.
But i can't, I am afraid of it, and that is what I would change. The fear.

Me too.

Jacqueline7
02-01-17, 07:30
It's because when u have anxiety your body feels alien. Adrenaline pumps through it making each part sore and uncomfortable to live in. It's hard to live in a body that's not at peace.

Thru my yoga practice I now enjoy times of peace where the body feels at ease and so does the mind he se the fear subsides. It when it hits me again nothing makes me feel at home in my skin

I definitely agree that it's not all these yucky feelings but my fear of them and desire to flee them that is my biggest heArt ache

Life. So precious and so tough

Jacqueline