PDA

View Full Version : Feeling terrible

Munki
31-12-16, 11:17
Guys,
How do you deal with it when your anxiety is out of control and making you feel sick and taking over your thoughts? At what point do you say enough is enough and quit doing things? How much of it is a gut feeling and how much is it evil anxiety?

I am looking forward to my trip but am equally PETRIFIED! Should I just back out or fight through it?

I really need help!
x

---------- Post added at 11:17 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

I am desperate at the moment. Truly.

ana
31-12-16, 13:36
I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. :( Sometimes, it's hard to tell whether something is just too much for you and you should do something easier, smaller instead, or whether you should just push through as the pay-off will be amazingly rewarding.
Quitting is never an option. You need to carry on living, and doing things is a part of living. Anxiety or not, life goes on. Saying that, addressing the anxiety and working with and around it are what ought to be done.
My anxiety has been out of control so many times throughout my life and, when this would happen, I would do what I could with what I could. Better times will come, and you'll be able to do more. However, for the time being, be patient with yourself and help yourself.

Lissa101
31-12-16, 14:41
Yeah, I agree with Ana. It's really hard to find the right balance between knowing when to push yourself and when to go easy on yourself. The way I think is that if I do something I dread there's a chance it'll be horrible but there's also a chance I'll enjoy it. If I stay at home I'll just feel terrible. Most of the time the anticipation is worse than the actual thing itself. Only you can decide but, either way, don't blame yourself for your decision.

X

Annie0904
31-12-16, 15:26
You went through the same last time you went but you ended up enjoying it. Try to focus on the fun you had last time.

Munki
01-01-17, 18:12
Cheers for the replies. It's hard to tell isn't it, when something is wrong or just a victim of anxiety!

I think a bit of unintentional pressure from my husband hasn't helped. He doesn't mean to but he tends to tell me to 'just do it' which is great advice but terrifying!

Annie0904
01-01-17, 18:24
He is right in a way...Just feel the fear and do it anyway :) Anxiety symptoms are very like excitement so sometimes it is hard to know...are we really anxious about something or are we excited? Try to make yourself believe it is the second :D

Munki
01-01-17, 18:33
Why is it so hard? Why am I so scared I'll go flying tomorrow and get kicked off the slope?!

Annie0904
01-01-17, 18:43
You have done it before and nothing bad happened and you can do it again. Have a lovely time...I am sure you will xx

Munki
01-01-17, 19:25
Annie, I've sent you a pm. Thank you. X

ana
01-01-17, 19:29
It sounds simple in theory: just do it! The reality, however, is a lot different. Saying that,though, sometimes it's worth pushing through and getting an amazing accomplishment as the award at the end of your journey. :)

Jacqueline7
02-01-17, 07:48
Oh so hard when u don't want it to defeat u. Ur the words u use to fight your way through it are going to make u feel more tense trust me it's so so unbearable it to fight it but it's our key to peace eventually

Don't give up on your trip but when mine is bad I just take a breath n say ok u go ahead n do your worst. I have a life to live so if your here up have to come along for the ride.

Works
Oh and then at times it overwhelms me too much. But we are survivors who never give up xx

Jacqueline