PDA

View Full Version : Update and not doing well

Lam123
31-12-16, 17:51
Hi Everyone, my anxiety about the swollen node under my armpit has probably caused the worse anxiety I have ever had. I can't eat much and sleep is horrible. What makes matters worse is now my neck feels swollen, it doesn't look swollen and I can't feel anything, but it feels swollen which tells me my anxiety is causing my neck issue. I just can't stop thinking the worse. The swollen node isn't close to the skin anymore, more deep. Ugh! Just needed to chat.
Thanks for listening/reading.

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

Anyone else struggle with eating and sleep?

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

The swollen lymph node in my armpit is no longer close to the skin, it seems to be getting smaller or atleast harder to detect. Should I go to the dr this week? Or give it a few weeks and see what it's like then?

.Poppy.
31-12-16, 18:30
Anxiety messes with appetite and sleep terribly. It's no wonder you're struggling.

The lymph node has gotten smaller - that's a GOOD thing. It was probably up because you were exposed to a bug of some kind; there's a lot of junk in the air this year it seems illness-wise. Lots of people coming down with colds or the flu. Even if you didn't get sick yourself, your body may have picked up on something and been fighting it off, hence the raised node. So congrats - you've got a working immune system!!

Doug90
31-12-16, 18:57
Yeah i struggle with eating and sleeping, i can eat but ive lost all interest in food and ive lost 10kg over the last few months which fuels my HA even more.
Sleeping is equally as hard, i can't sleep without the tv or my phone going because my mind will just wonder if im in silence.
Then i wake up tired and fatigued its a never ending cycle.

Lam123
31-12-16, 20:09
Yeah, I can barely find the lymph node now, so that's good. But as usual for my Ha, my neck feels a bit stiff and swollen, right on the sides under my ears and throats area. I did the wrong thing of googling, my Ha goes in cycles like that then I have periods of time where I'm fine, then starts up again. Ugh! Anyone have the feeling of a swollen neck from anxiety?

Doug90
31-12-16, 21:02
I can't feel any lumps but the left side of my neck has been stiff and painful for months now, ive always suffered from muscle aches but i think HA makes it 10x worse