PDA

View Full Version : New Years alone

Waynemc73
31-12-16, 20:17
Spending tonight alone, any ideas how to get through it , was gunna go to my local but il be alone look like a right loner ,feel awful

Tweetiepie82
31-12-16, 20:33
Hi waynemc73, I too am on my own tonight. Started meds on Monday so my anxiety is heightened so feeling rubbish. Are you on any meds?

Waynemc73
31-12-16, 20:45
Hi, sorry to here that, yeh venlafaxine 75mg been on them 6 weeks , yourself ?

Lissa101
31-12-16, 20:50
I feel rubbish too and am just with my elderly mum and her dog. At least we won't have a hangover tomorrow!

ana
31-12-16, 20:54
I'm on my own, too. I'm not happy about it, but at the same time, I hate changes in routine, so I'm going to bed early and getting up at the usual time tomorrow. :) Too much pressure, New Year's is too much pressure! I hate it so much.

Tweetiepie82
31-12-16, 21:00
How are you finding the veniafaxine? I'm on sertaline, only started them 6 days ago so earlier days for me so got a few side effects, heightened anxiety is one of them.

Catherine S
31-12-16, 21:01
Well I guess this is an alternative thread to the Happy New year one! I hope everyone who joins this thread starts to feel a little more positive in 2017.

For what its worth, very best wishes for the new year anyway :)

ISB x

Tweetiepie82
31-12-16, 21:05
Very true lissa101, no hangover. Hope your doing ok?

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Ana I think I'll be going to bed early myself tonight, new year is too hyped up

Lissa101
31-12-16, 21:25
I'm doing fine Tweety-Pie. My anxiety fades in the evening - I look back on the morning and think 'what was that ridiculous palaver about?!'

I hope you're feeling well and have a lovely and relaxing evening x

Elen
31-12-16, 21:33
I also am on my own. Hate hate hate new year. On a positive note I won't see anyone for the next few days so with a bit of luck they will have got over the wishing people a happy new year thing by then

Waynemc73
31-12-16, 21:41
It hasn't made a bit of difference (yet) , still as feel frightened and devastated how my life has turned out but more frghtening is I dint know how to get out of it and turn my Fate around , it's terrifying specially in the morning and late at night , depression is their in between ....to be honest lady's I wanted to go to local as their was a woman their that I like but most time I go I never talk to her because I'm so nervous....but didn't wanna go alone feels like a wasted oppurnity

Tweetiepie82
31-12-16, 21:46
Glad your doing ok lissa101. I've been having good and bad days and I know what you mean when you say 'what was all that about' meds have made me feel rubbish this week I'm hoping will start to feel better soon. Are you on any meds?

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

I know Elen, I don't really like New Years either. Will be going to bed soon

Elen
31-12-16, 21:51
]I know Elen, I don't really like New Years either. Will be going to bed soon

I can't go to bed until the blasted fireworks are over as they terrify my dogs.

They have been going off here since 6pm so god knows when I will get them out for a pee.

Tweetiepie82
31-12-16, 21:54
Hopefully it will improve with time. Have you been offered cbt or counselling that you could try also? Yes I've got low mood too from having the anxiety. It's horrible isn't it?! I know what you mean about wanting to turn your life around, it's just so difficult when your heads all over the place.

You should go and speak to her, what have you got to lose

Elen
31-12-16, 21:56
It hasn't made a bit of difference (yet) , still as feel frightened and devastated how my life has turned out but more frghtening is I dint know how to get out of it and turn my Fate around , it's terrifying specially in the morning and late at night , depression is their in between ....to be honest lady's I wanted to go to local as their was a woman their that I like but most time I go I never talk to her because I'm so nervous....but didn't wanna go alone feels like a wasted oppurnity

6 weeks is still very early days Wayne, so it can get better.

Are you in line for any therapy at all?

Tbh mate I would forget about the woman until you have yourself sorted a bit. A relationship will work much better once you are on your feet again.

Tweetiepie82
31-12-16, 21:57
I can't go to bed until the blasted fireworks are over as they terrify my dogs.

They have been going off here since 6pm so god knows when I will get them out for a pee.

Yes they have been going off early here too, stopped for now. going to let my dog out soon. Hopefully they won't be going off all night for you!

Lissa101
31-12-16, 22:17
Glad your doing ok lissa101. I've been having good and bad days and I know what you mean when you say 'what was all that about' meds have made me feel rubbish this week I'm hoping will start to feel better soon. Are you on any meds?[COLOR="blue"]

Tried a few SSRI's five years ago when I had my last really severe anxiety episode but didn't see any benefit unfortunately. My GP then was rubbish and I didn't recieve any talking therapy either so had to do it pretty much on my own. Might try pregabalin if I can't shake off this latest bout.

I've had a few friends that swear SSRI's have been amazing for them so hopefully you'll feel the benefit soon. I'm the same re good and bad days, I try to start each day with an open mind but can't always manage it.

Wayne, hows your evening going? I'm now watching a thrilling documentary about a crisp factory that my mum pre recorded for us. So, so sad lol x

MyNameIsTerry
31-12-16, 22:19
6 weeks is still very early days Wayne, so it can get better.

Are you in line for any therapy at all?

Tbh mate I would forget about the woman until you have yourself sorted a bit. A relationship will work much better once you are on your feet again.

And it's a starting dose with that med. There is plenty of scope to increase it to try to find a dose that helps.

TV for me!

Waynemc73
31-12-16, 22:25
I'm in bed now , decided not to go to the pub alone , yeh it's horrible , pretty much destroyed my life , I wouldn't date me

Lissa101
31-12-16, 22:38
I'm in bed now , decided not to go to the pub alone , yeh it's horrible , pretty much destroyed my life , I wouldn't date me

It can be debilitating but its temporary. If you can't make yourself believe that then just try and have faith.

People and posessions won't make you happy unless you learn to like yourself first. You're going through a hard time and you're struggling. That's ok. Ease off on hating yourself x

Tweetiepie82
31-12-16, 22:45
I also am on my own. Hate hate hate new year. On a positive note I won't see anyone for the next few days so with a bit of luck they will have got over the wishing people a happy new year thing by then

Tried a few SSRI's five years ago when I had my last really severe anxiety episode but didn't see any benefit unfortunately. My GP then was rubbish and I didn't recieve any talking therapy either so had to do it pretty much on my own. Might try pregabalin if I can't shake off this latest bout.

I've had a few friends that swear SSRI's have been amazing for them so hopefully you'll feel the benefit soon. I'm the same re good and bad days, I try to start each day with an open mind but can't always manage it.

Wayne, hows your evening going? I'm now watching a thrilling documentary about a crisp factory that my mum pre recorded for us. So, so sad lol x

I've been managing on my own for awhile and tried natural remedies but my dr said I needed to go on meds so I've taken her advice so I'm hopefully that it'll work soon. I've been on sertaline a few years ago but it made me feel better and I came off them cold turkey if you like and I was fine but obviously my anxiety has come back but with a low mood too so feel worse this time or feel like I do anyway,

I hope you feel better soon, maybe speak to your dr about talking therapy?

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Don't feel bad on yourself, you will get through it. It's just the start of your meds and it says that meds take there time to get to work, you'll get through it

Fishmanpa
01-01-17, 01:41
Mankind attached the significance of these dates. In reality, they're just another day. Now, as in my past, there have been times where I struggled for many of the same reasons. As I've grown older, holidays have become just a date on the calendar.

That's how I've approached the holidays this year. Marcia's illness, my Mom in her last few days on earth. Interestingly, I have a sense of peace about it and it's because of my approach of "just another day".

I still maintain that attitude plays a huge part in coping with the challenges we encounter in our lives. Maintaining or at least trying to maintain a positive attitude is essential in battling the inevitable negativity so many deal with this time of the year.

So tomorrow, we'll wake up, say "Happy New Year", get our shopping list together and go to the market just like any other day.

I've been alone on New Year more times that I can count and have "learned" to approach these times as I explained. I'm quite sure from a psychological aspect, it's just a coping mechanism but it's worked for me.

You know what? So big whoop you're alone. The only one that is concerned about it is you. Make the best of the situation... Think about it... You could sit around naked eating popcorn and watching TV and there's no one to tell you otherwise! Feel like ice cream for breakfast? Go for it! Who's there to tell you otherwise? See where I'm going with this?

You're saying you're spending New Years alone..... is it any different than January 2nd or 3rd?... Ehh... F it! Enjoy your time and do whatever the F you want :) Been there, done that and it was actually pretty good in retrospect ;)

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
01-01-17, 02:36
Great post Fishmanpa :shades:

Very best wishes to you and your chiquita for 2017 x

Fishmanpa
01-01-17, 03:05
:whistles:
Great post Fishmanpa :shades:

Very best wishes to you and your chiquita for 2017 x

Thanks Cath... the same to you and yours!

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
01-01-17, 03:31
Karina, there are no words...well not many anyway, only that I really hope 2017 is very kind to you. Best wishes to your daughter and your family.

Take care
ISB x