PDA

View Full Version : decaf tea and bottled water

vernon
21-10-04, 13:17
hi thought this was interesting what i found on the net.

Question Decaf Tea
Is it true that although decaf tea is healthier in terms of containing only trace quantities of caffine, the process used to remove the substance involved solvents and other such nasties?

Answer I'd say definatly, Yes.
Same reason why tap water is better for you that bottled.
Although tap water contains traces of flouride, lead (from pipes) and other traces of toxins the body is capable of removing these from our systems. Bottled water is stagnent water and contains traces of solvents which come from the sterilising equiptment used to bottle the water. It wouldnt surprise me if the bottled water contained plastics in it too. Although there are guidelines the government sets for what is acceptable levels in our food and drink of harmful toxins (eg- E numbers) I believe that there is no 'safe' level of these chemicals.

Vernon

seh1980
21-10-04, 13:41
hello vern,

I drink decaf tea and bottled water[Oops!]

sarah
21-10-04, 14:26
oops me too!!!

davebrum
21-10-04, 14:51
thanks for that vernon i drink loads of water and im going to give the decaf tea a go now - ta
xx d

sal
21-10-04, 14:58
Hi Vernon

Long time no speak. How are you doing babe?

I drink decaff tea but should drink more water!!!!

Love Sal xxxxx

twister
21-10-04, 15:01
but who wrote this Vern - some random person or a qualified doctor or something?

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">It wouldnt surprise me if the bottled water contained plastics in it too</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

it doesn't sound very professional, merely speculation

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Karen
21-10-04, 15:46
I drink loads of water, but from the tap. It's too expensive buying bottled water.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Rennie1989
21-10-04, 19:04
i drink coffee, tap water and lemonade+blackcurrent

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

vernon
21-10-04, 19:56
em it was a ch4 health site. I think its as good to use a water filter jug, has to be cheaper than bottles sarah?

seh1980
21-10-04, 20:03
hi Vern,

Yeah, you're right. I used to drink tap water all the time but don't do here in Durham because I find that it has a horrible taste. Should probably put a slice of lemon in it to take away the flavour...

Sarah :D

twister
21-10-04, 21:42
i drink tap water. someone at work told me that they spend £40 a month on bottled water!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

sarah
21-10-04, 22:46
I must make an ammendment to my earlier post...I do buy bottled water but once ive drunk it I just keep filling it up with the good old tap stuff...lol

vernon
23-10-04, 11:04
lol sarah dont u have a water filter jug? much cheaper.
Vernon

nomorepanic
23-10-04, 15:14
I have just got back from Tesco and I discovered Decaf Cappuccino - yum yum. It even has the chocolate sprinkles lol.

Not bad actually!

Nicola

vernon
23-10-04, 17:23
i fond the instant decaf nicer than the coffee maker typ. and choc on my coffe yuk nic lol

nomorepanic
23-10-04, 19:19
Vern

It is trendy lol and that is what a cappuccino is about. Nice that they make different coffees for us caffeine free peeps.

Nicola